Lt. Commander
Ok so I havent been able to log into the game for the better part of 8 or 9 hours now. I logged out and when I went to log back in 15 mins later it says "Cannot log out of your existing characters please try again shortly" So now I cant log into the game at all and haven't been able to do so. So I sent this to cryptic support and this is the answer I get.

"Hello, Thank you for contacting us about your issue. This may be best resolved by restarting the current stage of your mission. Please note you will only lose progress for this stage of the mission. To restart the current stage of a mission: 1) Leave the map that you are currently on & return to sector space via the Abort Mission/Depart System/Beam to Ship button on your mini-map 2) Once you are back in sector space please wait at least 15 minutes for the instance of your mission to reset. (All team mates must also be outside the instance in order to reset it.) 3) Once 15 minutes has passed return to the mission entrance. Click on the "Continue: ..." button to return to your mission. 4) You should now be at the beginning of this mission stage and can continue normally. If you experience further issues completing this mission, please edit this ticket with any additional information that will assist in helping you. Thank you for playing! Cryptic Support "

Uhm this has NOTHING TO DO WiTH MY PROBLEM! I cannot log into the game itself which when I filed my initial ticket is exactly what I said. So obviously they didn't read nor did they care about what I said when I sent my original ticket. So NOW I cannot log into the game and nobody has done anything to help me. Any idea of how to solve this problem from the community since the devs and support team seems unwilling to he,lp a dedicated player to this game? I am disappointed with the support team.

Thanks

-Tony
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-08-2011, 06:20 AM
So now I log into the support site and the ticketservice isnt available. REALLY?! So now I can't even see if I have a ticket update? What is going on with this? When I try to login my fleet members tell me that they see me logon then suddenly log back off again. I dont get it and I dont get why I received a generic response the first time. I mean did anyone actually read my ticket or did they just ignore it like you guys all ignored the people who want a tier 5 Rhode Island. Just a thought
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-08-2011, 06:20 AM
They need to get this support crap worked out asap thats really inexcusable.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-08-2011, 07:18 AM
bump bump bumpity bump bump
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
bump bump bumpity bump bump
Bumping threads - Not okay.

twebster1977:
Support staff does not check the forums. If you need to talk to support, please do so via the ticketing system. We cannot comment on your tickets here and posting your correspondance goes against the forum's rules (privacy matters).

If you feel your reply did not solve the problem, please update your ticket to elaborate the issue further or submit a new ticket with as much information as you can give us.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 6 One last plea for help?
08-09-2011, 06:38 AM
So I still cannot log into the game. I am wondering if anyone has had the same issues that I am having right now? My ticket has been sitting in limbo for almost 2 days without really any help from anyone so I figured I'd post here again.

Every time I try to logjn right before I get to the character screen I get a message that says

"Cannot log out of one of your existing characters, please try again soon"

I do not know what is going on. When I talk to the members of my fleet they say they see me log on then log off suddenly like a split second afterwards every time I try to log in.

What happened was a couple of days ago I was on my bridge with a member of my fleet. I had to log off then I tried logging back on about a minute later and that was the message I kept getting.

I can log into tribble just fine but not holodeck at all.

Now I am actually able to log into the website, log into the support site and log into tribble plus I am a lifetime member so this is not an account or billing issue but rather some sort of technical issue with my character. I have been a diehard supporter if this game for over a year now, in fact i own everything in the c-store on the fed side and even built our fleet website. I would hate to suddenly not be a supporter of the game because I simply cannot login as I love playing sto and at least up to this point haven't had any problems with anything.

Is there something on MY end that I could do? Has anyone experienced this at all or has anyone had this issue? Again when I try to login right before you get to the character screen where it says

"Getting list of characters" it then gives me the message "Cannot log out of one of your existing characters please try again soon"

Hope someone here can help. I have updated my ticklet several times without response.

-Tony
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-09-2011, 07:14 AM
i do know they said they are experiencing a busy time with the GM tickets, so it may take longer than usual to get to you, so just hang in there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-09-2011, 07:15 AM
It is definitely not on your end.
I've run into this before. Not in this game, in a previous mmorpg.

One of my tunes got stuck in limbo. I had logged out in an instanced zone and their database didn't log what zone I was in, so it didn't know where to put me.

I waited 3 days with no resolution. Ended up having to call customer service. They fixed it in about 10 min.

Good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Well I was able to login then it booted me off and now its doing the same thing again. There really isnt any customer service phone # listed on the support site. Its almost as if someone just needs to take my character out of limbo. I hope they can get to me soon i'd hate to leave STO simply because they cant fix a login problem. I am willing to me patient though......they DID just completely overhaul the game (for the better) but it doesnt take away from the frustration

-Tony
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-09-2011, 07:51 AM
I had a similar problem, can you log in with an alt? If so, file a GM ticket using the "stuck " option, ask the GM to move your broken Toon to Sirius sector.
Closed Thread