Lt. Commander
# 1 Afterlight
08-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I've completed, tested, and polished up a bit my first Foundry mission, Afterlight.

Description: Starfleet sends a crew to investigate a recently discovered "rogue planet", a planetary body that exists outside of a solar system, in an unexplored region of space. The simple survey of this new discovery quickly becomes something extraordinary... before turning into something far more, with consequences that threaten to reach beyond the sunless skies of Planet X-266.

Been working on this with about every free moment I've had since the Foundry came back online, and I'm pleased with the results. And a huge thanks to the people on these boards for their help, along with Kirkfat for making all those handy tutorials that helped me figure out how to do a few of the things I wanted.

NOTE: Most of the mission is non-combat, though there is a little fighting involed in it. Level 16+ is required.

Unless it just absolutely bombs with the reviews, then a sequel will be in the works shortly. Right now, I'd like to go back to actually playing STO. :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-09-2011, 03:03 AM
Well, Afterlight is now on the main page with almost overwhelming positive reviews Four five stars, three four stars... and one one star rating, that had no comment associated with it. Considering everyone else seemed to enjoy it and I haven't found a single "show stopper" through my playthroughs, I'm just gonna assume it's someone being a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.

To those who pointed out the generic "interact" labels for clickies, it has already been fixed. As it's my first mission, there's gonna be a few things that I either overlooked or just don't quite have the grasp of yet.

In fact, a huge thank you to the people who so far have been kind enough to leave a review, and I'll give you folks who were responsible for getting me onto the main list a shout out once the servers are back up and I'm capable of getting your names.

Hope more of yall check it out, I made this mission with true Star Trek and Star Trek fans in mind, and I'd like to keep sharing this bit of Trekkiness with the rest of the STO community. Now, time to start formulating how I want to do my first KDF mission (cause the KDF really needs folks to give them some love!)
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Lord knows if anyone was actually planning to run my mission...

But I've withdrawn it for the time being, as the entire Foundry is currently borked and I don't want to take any kind of blame for a broken mission when the issue is on Cryptic's end. Soon as the Foundry is stable again, I'll put it back up.

That said, only 16 people have played it so far (not counting myself!), so it's not like I'm pulling down the most popular mission of all time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-19-2011, 07:13 PM
After fixing a few issues that came with the Foundry coming back online (and just fixing a couple of minor issues in general), I'm proud to announce that Afterlight is re-published and ready for folks to (I hope!) enjoy.

Please note that the ending plays out a bit oddly due to Foundry limitations: Cryptic, totally gotta give us some more power (cue Tim Taylor). However, should you come across any issues, whether it be a bug, mispelling, ect, let me know. Trying to make this mission the best it can be, and I can't fix something if I don't know about it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Excellent, I hope Foundry makes it into the weekend, because this is one I definately will play tomorrow!
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Excellent, great mission; I like where the story is heading, and look forward to future installments!. The "Mission Complete" rating system was broken in the last patch, so you have to go search the mission again to rate it,, so expect little to no ratings until thats fixed too.

A few word drops in there but nothing major, I can't even remember the specific locations. A bit irritating that my bridge officers used my last name instead of rank or captain, but again, not a major issue.

Keep the missions coming!
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSNet
Excellent, great mission; I like where the story is heading, and look forward to future installments!. The "Mission Complete" rating system was broken in the last patch, so you have to go search the mission again to rate it,, so expect little to no ratings until thats fixed too.

A few word drops in there but nothing major, I can't even remember the specific locations. A bit irritating that my bridge officers used my last name instead of rank or captain, but again, not a major issue.

Keep the missions coming!
Well, I wanted the doctor in the away team to be a little less formal, in the vein of McCoy with Kirk. Pretty sure everyone else in the crew will consistently call you "sir" or "whatever your rank is".

And yeah, I'm fully aware of the issue with the mission reviewer... thankfully, I've been taking note of the name of other people's missions so I can go back and review em'. I'll go back and scan through the dialogue for typos/grammar issues, along with making sure only the away team Science officer is the only guy calling you by your last name. It's tough, trying to give the BO's some character... don't want them to be so super-generic as to be wholly forgettable.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-22-2011, 04:31 PM
OH, and thanks for checking out the mission, happy to see you enjoyed it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Hey,

I played Afterlight this weekend and really enjoyed it. I made some notes and can PM them to you. Mostly minor things and a few ideas/suggestions. Overall though, it felt very Trek to me and that's my measure of a good mission.

I'm happy to say I now know what chemosynthesis is!
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygod_itsfullofstars
Hey,

I played Afterlight this weekend and really enjoyed it. I made some notes and can PM them to you. Mostly minor things and a few ideas/suggestions. Overall though, it felt very Trek to me and that's my measure of a good mission.

I'm happy to say I now know what chemosynthesis is!
Sure thing, I'm always open to some creative criticism.