Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
08-10-2011, 02:51 AM
If I remember correctly you have to fire into its mouth when its getting ready to fire.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
08-10-2011, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglerx
If I remember correctly you have to fire into its mouth when its getting ready to fire.
Yes, only when it prepares to fire can you launch a attack on it. otherwise it will not have an affect.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
08-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
And when you shoot the last one Evasive Maneuvers out of there. Exploding Doomsday Machines are brutal.


Z
QFT..... I survived one in my galaxy...barely. Lets just say a good kiss from a Klingon would have blown me up. EVM is a must to survive.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
08-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Yeah I finally learned my lesson on firing that last torpedo from as far away as possible.

This is a great mission, by the way. I've probably played it 10 times to get enough torpedoes so that I don't have to switch so much stuff around when changing ships. Plus, it's a lot of fun! Make sure, after you talk to the Klingon that gives you the holo device, to go back into the engineer's office and check the crate. You will get a melee weapon that (for me) has never been less than uncommon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
08-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
QFT..... I survived one in my galaxy...barely. Lets just say a good kiss from a Klingon would have blown me up. EVM is a must to survive.
galaxy? must ahve been pre-remastering... now you got a BoP in which only your starship command skills increase its stats....

that i hate is getting it down to one shot left and you lag or something and it fires before you can get out of the area and blows you up and goes back to full health.... then by the time you respawn all your reinforcements are dead so you gotta wait for your fleet to show back up to keep the damn thing busy without getting shot to hell from the klinks while trying to stop it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
08-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Maybe they need to buff the Pengs?

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
08-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglerx
If I remember correctly you have to fire into its mouth when its getting ready to fire.
I just did it yesterday it doesn't have to be getting ready to fire though it is easier to line up a shot when it is. Also the angle you are firing from doesn't mater as much as the angle when the torp gets there. if its turning away from you its a lot easier to miss.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
08-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Can someone please tell me the time-limit before the device warps away and reappears with full health?

It sounds like a bug to me, but just in case it's not, I wanted to ask.

I mean, its not enough that the mission is pretty difficult for this character (and this one alone, even when all my other alts can finish it with ease), but now i have to deal with this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
08-17-2011, 08:17 AM
I think the only time an entity warps away and returns to full health is when it gets too far from its spawn point.

To kill the device is easy if you are patient and play to the limitations of the BoP. The BoP will die if it gets shot by pretty much anything, so staying near the device is lethal as the klingons will kill you if the Device doesnt. Just fly circles around it at 10.1 km and as soon as it fires at you, move forward and shoot the missile then retreat again. Do this a few times and the device is dead. You can shoot it for I think it was 3 seconds after it has fired, any other time it is invulnerable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
08-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia
I think the only time an entity warps away and returns to full health is when it gets too far from its spawn point.

To kill the device is easy if you are patient and play to the limitations of the BoP. The BoP will die if it gets shot by pretty much anything, so staying near the device is lethal as the klingons will kill you if the Device doesnt. Just fly circles around it at 10.1 km and as soon as it fires at you, move forward and shoot the missile then retreat again. Do this a few times and the device is dead. You can shoot it for I think it was 3 seconds after it has fired, any other time it is invulnerable.
i'd been trying that, but i didnt know about the three seconds thing. its also vulnerable just before firing right?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:35 PM.