This might be stupid heck answer is probably obvious bout there have always been more then a few question about the Star Trek universe that made me wonder.
1. How many ships constitute a fleet?
2. How many ships constitute a task force?
3. How many ships constitute an Armada?
4. Are the ships we pilot mainly crewed by Holograms now?
5. Does the federation have more ships in service now?
Going back through some of the Star Trek series two things stood out that always bugged me. In Best of Both Words, Admiral Hansen said " This armada will hit the borg with everything we got." 39 ships.
In the DS9 Episode "Sacrifices of Angels" 2nd and 9th fleet consist of well over 300 ships yet the 7th only had 109 to it's name.