Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
08-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
hmmm. The romulan people should start arguing now. Seeing as they cloak almost as much as we do this gonna affect them too,
I'd keep silent in their position, if they say something, Cryptic might decide that making a 3rd, cloak based faction is a bad idea with all the new balance issues cropping up.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I'd keep silent in their position, if they say something, Cryptic might decide that making a 3rd, cloak based faction is a bad idea with all the new balance issues cropping up.
Yeah, they might decide that since this "decloak on dialogue" bug and the whole plethora of problems with the B'Rel it might just be better to make Romulans without cloaks at all.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Yeah, they might decide that since this "decloak on dialogue" bug and the whole plethora of problems with the B'Rel it might just be better to make Romulans without cloaks at all.
LOL romulans aren't going to happen before 2014, if at all. Cryptic is just too small to support such an expansion.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I facepalmed when I heard PSW Torps.

And then died inside when I heard Cloak Seeking Torp.

Seeing as how a quantum if fired, before a ship cloaks. and the ship then cloaks is still getting (and indeed gauranteed then) a quantum pimp smack what is the use in this? Other than to end a match before it even begins?
Wow a cloak ship tracking torp. I guess they really want the KDF gone except the joke of secondary ships they added.

I will wait for G-X and Defiant-R pilots to pipe in because if the Defiant is the damage king I guess everyone will be in MVAE and FE from now on.

"I stand here honoring the death of the BoP it was a grand ship and Cryptic saw fit to kill it dead, dead, dead. May this ship live on with its honor rich history in Sto' Vo' Kor."
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
Well, since torps do garbage damage even to cloaked ships these days, I imagine that a cloak seeking torp would probably be more along the lines of a control aspect- not so heavy on the damage, but maybe drain power/decloak the ship or the like.
I'd hardly call routinely smacking people for 30-60k garbage damage. Especially when Bo3s average is lower, and takes up a higher boff slot than hy1 or 2. Oh and bo3 pretty much dictates what one of your eng consoles is going to be and what battery is going in a device slot.

The only thing wrong with quantums, is the person firing them.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-10-2011, 01:42 PM
It isn't so until it hits Tribble... and is subject to possible extreme modification before it gets to Holodeck.

I am referring of course to the PST's as well as the "Cloak Fart"* homing torpedo. The mythical torpedo mentioned in the thread title will never happen.

* EDIT: Sorry KDF, you can't get away with being "Silent and Deadly" anymore.

Just kidding
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
It isn't so until it hits Tribble... and is subject to possible extreme modification before it gets to Holodeck.

I am referring of course to the PST's as well as the "Cloak Fart"* homing torpedo. The mythical torpedo mentioned in the thread title will never happen.

* EDIT: Sorry KDF, you can't get away with being "Silent and Deadly" anymore.

Just kidding
I wish I could be so optimistic. At least the fart jokes made me .
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Did you notice the hosts? They liked the idea! I guess they never PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
i dont watch that shi.. stuff. More reason not to.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
They were totally drooling! I saw it.