Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Ker'rat Question
08-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Is Ker'rat a PVP or PVE environment?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spond View Post
Is Ker'rat a PVP or PVE environment?
Yes.

---

It's both. The mission objectives are PvE on their own but you must beat it before the other team, so you can use PvP measures to delay the other team.

It's also a mess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-09-2011, 11:52 AM
So then is the eternal spawn camping where the opposing team does not capture nodes but spawn camps indefinitely is a PvE or PvP tactic? Just wondering
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777Sandman View Post
So then is the eternal spawn camping where the opposing team does not capture nodes but spawn camps indefinitely is a PvE or PvP tactic? Just wondering
Yes, exactly that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777Sandman View Post
So then is the eternal spawn camping where the opposing team does not capture nodes but spawn camps indefinitely is a PvE or PvP tactic? Just wondering
It is an Epeen tactic. It is a garbage move and I have seen fleets fill the the zone so that any new comers have no chance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-09-2011, 01:50 PM
It can some times be a PVP Tactic.. where your trying to keep the zone clear of the opposing side.. IF it were a fleet trying to let one or two of their members farm the zone while keeping the enemy side out of the zone, it would then instead be a PVE tactic..

Then there's the Epeen stroking.....as mentioned..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Its a pvp zone. If you warp into kerrat always always have a stack of Engine batts handy. You WILL be spawn camped, it doesn't matter if you klink or fed.

When you warp in be ready to hit your bat + evasive if you need to. When the zone resets be ready for the same.... Also make sure 10 sec before restart that you are NOT engaged with borg so that you have cool downs up. When you zone if you have a CPB or a Shockwave use them. If you are out numbered use them then hit your engine bat + evasive. lol

Honestly its a war zone... I have NEVER been camped there. I have had people try, and no I am not just talking about my battle cloaking klink. My fed doesn't get camped either.

As long as you come with zooms... and are ready to fight. It is the funnest game play in the game. Yes there is a PvE mission, if the other side is getting beat up bad we will do the mission and grab some gear sure. If we are outnumbered we will slow People coming to a PvP zone looking for PvE, we will make grabbing gear painful. Its fun.
Honestly that might seem mean to some... really its just a PvP Public service announcement, come to Kerrat to fight you will have more fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Its a pvp zone. If you warp into kerrat always always have a stack of Engine batts handy. You WILL be spawn camped, it doesn't matter if you klink or fed.

When you warp in be ready to hit your bat + evasive if you need to. When the zone resets be ready for the same.... Also make sure 10 sec before restart that you are NOT engaged with borg so that you have cool downs up. When you zone if you have a CPB or a Shockwave use them. If you are out numbered use them then hit your engine bat + evasive. lol

Honestly its a war zone... I have NEVER been camped there. I have had people try, and no I am not just talking about my battle cloaking klink. My fed doesn't get camped either.

As long as you come with zooms... and are ready to fight. It is the funnest game play in the game. Yes there is a PvE mission, if the other side is getting beat up bad we will do the mission and grab some gear sure. If we are outnumbered we will slow People coming to a PvP zone looking for PvE, we will make grabbing gear painful. Its fun.
Honestly that might seem mean to some... really its just a PvP Public service announcement, come to Kerrat to fight you will have more fun.
It is fun but I have run into a fed fleet or two that fills the zone with their guys only leaving 1-2 openings for anyone else so if they get an unlucky KDF member zones in he has no prayer. I have zoned into a tric minfield on occasion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spond View Post
Is Ker'rat a PVP or PVE environment?
It's a PvP zone with PvE objectives; the only item rewards come from doing the objective, though you can get emblems via the pvp daily mission (complete 3 war zones). Unfortunately though it has been buggy since day 1 with spawns stuck inside the structures and untargetable/unshootable (while they can still fire at you), and it has never been fixed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivar View Post
It's a PvP zone with PvE objectives; the only item rewards come from doing the objective, though you can get emblems via the pvp daily mission (complete 3 war zones). Unfortunately though it has been buggy since day 1 with spawns stuck inside the structures and untargetable/unshootable (while they can still fire at you), and it has never been fixed.
Or...it's a PVE zone with pve objectives with the occasional random pvp objective. Hmm...devil's advocate.

Don't let anyone fool you OP. The best times in Ker'rat isn't the fighting, it's the smack talking!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:07 PM.