Lt. Commander
Is there a limit on how many bridge officer candidates you can have? I'm Captain now and I haven't added another bridge officer since LT Commander. So, I've got a ton of bridge officer candidates that are sitting there. Some of them I'll probably email to another character later, but for now they're just sitting there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-12-2011, 08:26 AM
There is, I think I hit it shortly after Rear Admiral doing much what you are. You can let them sit in your mail, sell them on the exchange, etc. For the most part, white and green ones can be safely disposed of (unless they're Saurians with the Efficient trait). Personally the only ones I'm holding on to are a couple purples and an oddball white tactical officer with attack pattern omega 3.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
Is there a limit on how many bridge officer candidates you can have? I'm Captain now and I haven't added another bridge officer since LT Commander. So, I've got a ton of bridge officer candidates that are sitting there. Some of them I'll probably email to another character later, but for now they're just sitting there.
You can have 12 candidates in you list.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-12-2011, 09:32 AM
I think its only 10 candidates unless you buy more slots from the C-Store. If I remember correctly it comes out to five candidates for your ship stations (once you reach Rear Admiral), four for an away team, and one extra. I'll double check how many I have next time I'm in the game but I'm pretty sure 10 is the limit.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I think its only 10 candidates unless you buy more slots from the C-Store. If I remember correctly it comes out to five candidates for your ship stations (once you reach Rear Admiral), four for an away team, and one extra. I'll double check how many I have next time I'm in the game but I'm pretty sure 10 is the limit.
That's comissioned officers, not candidates. Candidates are the "items" you get from requisitions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
That's comissioned officers, not candidates. Candidates are the "items" you get from requisitions.
Wow I can't believe I confused the two lol Thanks. In that case isn't it more than 12 candidates? I thought the number was around 15. I could be wrong though because I don't think I ever reached the max.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
There is, I think I hit it shortly after Rear Admiral doing much what you are. You can let them sit in your mail, sell them on the exchange, etc. For the most part, white and green ones can be safely disposed of (unless they're Saurians with the Efficient trait). Personally the only ones I'm holding on to are a couple purples and an oddball white tactical officer with attack pattern omega 3.
Though if they have useful skills, (e.g. Medical Tricorder, Phaser Turret Fabrication, Tachyon Harmnics, etc.) I would store them for future use, for the day when you finally get/purchase that Very Rare BO you always wanted, and use them for 'Train Up' service to save you some merits... (Which new and low level characters are perpetually short on...)
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Now that you are Captain you may want to start thinking about replacing some of your old Common Bridge Officers with some new Rare blood. The Traits on rare officers are much better than their common cousins, and they often come with more powerful skills.

If you get attached to particular officers, as I do, you can always go to the Tailor and Save that BOff's costume. Then you can commission another BOff of their same gender and species and Load that costume onto them. You can even rename them so they have the same name. And as for retraining them, you should have plenty of Merits and BOff skill points built up by now. If you don't, don't worry. You never stop getting those.

Lt. Commander
# 9
08-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Now that you are Captain you may want to start thinking about replacing some of your old Common Bridge Officers with some new Rare blood. The Traits on rare officers are much better than their common cousins, and they often come with more powerful skills.

If you get attached to particular officers, as I do, you can always go to the Tailor and Save that BOff's costume. Then you can commission another BOff of their same gender and species and Load that costume onto them. You can even rename them so they have the same name. And as for retraining them, you should have plenty of Merits and BOff skill points built up by now. If you don't, don't worry. You never stop getting those.

How can you tell if they are rare? I've got one that's efficient but as far as I know they are all common.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
How can you tell if they are rare? I've got one that's efficient but as far as I know they are all common.
Efficient is only on uncommon and up Saurians (formerly only uncommon). You got some good luck in that one - it's one of the more desired traits. Saurians are hard to get to begin with, and most don't have Efficient.

There's two ways to tell if they're rare. As candidates, they have the same rarity system as other items:

White - Common
Green - Uncommon
Blue - Rare
Purple - Very Rare

The higher rank you are, the higher rarity candidates you get.

Once commissioned, you can't see the color, but you can look at their traits (under Passives). Look for the words Basic and Superior

Common: 2 basic traits, 2 regular
Uncommon: 1 basic, 3 regular
Rare: 1 superior, 3 regular
Very rare: 2 superior, 2 regular

Some traits aren't readily obvious, and there is an exception or two in special very rare boffs with more than two superior traits, but non-special boffs follow the above rule as far as I know.