Lt. Commander
Anybody notice that the Nova Class Variant has been delayed - 3 BLOODY TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is taking so long?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-10-2011, 05:27 AM
They are probally listening to the feedback, thats why.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-10-2011, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajguida1987 View Post
Anybody notice that the Nova Class Variant has been delayed - 3 BLOODY TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell is taking so long?
Three issues I know off that could lead to delays, but I can't tell you which it is or if it's all of them.

1) The new console leads to buggy NPC behavior. Basically, the NPC first resets when it loses the player as a target and then targets the decoy.
More weird stuff sometimes, apparantly including even NPCs ships going invisible(but still firing weapons and being attackable. MAybe that's even a seperate, 4th issue.

2) The customization options of the Nova seem to be off. There seems to be only one working window setting. There are also a few other custome errors.

3) The entire concept of the ship seems to be to introduce a Tier 2 ship that has better stats than other Tier 2 ships, and there is a lot of criticism against this move. It breaks existing design, and can be construed as the first stepping stone towards a Pay-To-Win model for C-Store items. I personally find this the worst of them all, but I don't know about cryptic's prorities and whether they care about that aspect or not. Even if not, t hey might still find that the benefits they give are too much (at least my own testing suggests that the advantage is notable and might make Tier 2 Space PvE irrelevant as too easy.)

If you want to get a look at it, test it out on Tribble. http://www.startrekonline.com/test-s...acter-transfer
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Three issues I know off that could lead to delays, but I can't tell you which it is or if it's all of them.

1) The new console leads to buggy NPC behavior. Basically, the NPC first resets when it loses the player as a target and then targets the decoy.
More weird stuff sometimes, apparantly including even NPCs ships going invisible(but still firing weapons and being attackable. MAybe that's even a seperate, 4th issue.

2) The customization options of the Nova seem to be off. There seems to be only one working window setting. There are also a few other custome errors.

3) The entire concept of the ship seems to be to introduce a Tier 2 ship that has better stats than other Tier 2 ships, and there is a lot of criticism against this move. It breaks existing design, and can be construed as the first stepping stone towards a Pay-To-Win model for C-Store items. I personally find this the worst of them all, but I don't know about cryptic's prorities and whether they care about that aspect or not. Even if not, t hey might still find that the benefits they give are too much (at least my own testing suggests that the advantage is notable and might make Tier 2 Space PvE irrelevant as too easy.)

If you want to get a look at it, test it out on Tribble. http://www.startrekonline.com/test-s...acter-transfer
I sincerely hope they are rethinking this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I sincerely hope they are rethinking this.
Hope springs eternal.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
This is already a path they've been on for awhile. TheT5 Excelsior, the Guramba, the MVAM, all this kind of stuff is set up to be much much easier to acquire on the c-store than the "in-game" means offered.

I think this is where the game has been headed all along.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
This is already a path they've been on for awhile. TheT5 Excelsior, the Guramba, the MVAM, all this kind of stuff is set up to be much much easier to acquire on the c-store than the "in-game" means offered.

I think this is where the game has been headed all along.
And this is indeed sad. But I do believe that we as players need to let them know that this isn't what we signed up for.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Quote:
And this is indeed sad. But I do believe that we as players need to let them know that this isn't what we signed up for.
I certainly agree. As do a lot of other players past and present. Seems though that whenever the issue really picks up steam on the forums, the feedback gets muted, moved or locked.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I certainly agree. As do a lot of other players past and present. Seems though that whenever the issue really picks up steam on the forums, the feedback gets muted, moved or locked.
Well, since I'm not known for trolling or flaming...if I get banned...you'll know the real reason for it.....C E NS O R S H I P!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-11-2011, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Well, since I'm not known for trolling or flaming...if I get banned...you'll know the real reason for it.....C E NS O R S H I P!!!!
That much I give Cryptic: I don't expect to be banned for criticisim. I know many people have that impression, bu it's mostly, I think, because they can't avoid viriol and hateful comments.