Lt. Commander
# 201
09-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Lt. Commander
# 202
09-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphezir View Post
I still have a different opinion. I dont wanna talk about this opinion anymore while the tourney lasts. What still ****es me off are guys sharing your opinion and by that think they have a major knowledge or understanding of the game.

Calling players what you called them, will not help. Changing rules in intrasparent votings will not help
I for one could not agree more. What's sad is that this has turned out to be such a one-sided fiasco.

I have participated in quite a few tournaments, and they were all much more fun than this. No one who is doing this "for the community" should be so close minded, nor should they portray themselves in such an arrogant, insulting light. I mean, resorting to name calling is childish. Sheesh. I came here, with what I felt was a genuine, ligitimate concern, and the response was being called a douchebag, a little girl, a whiner, etc. I don't know about you, but to me that does not smack of great community work.

Then, these same ppl prop them selves up on the "we came from nothing and look at us now" crutch. ( I swear I could almost hear the theme from Rocky in the backgroud LOL) Next, they make an overly defensive post in which they attempt to pursuade anyone who has balked at the obvious flaws and loopholes of this event that they are right. Therefore, any who disagree with their opinion must be wrong. Then, they even go on to include the proper way for the participants to THINK. heheh.

Personally, I think I have had enough of the god-complex and the insults, not to mention the "unwritten" rule allowances, and the rules changing every week. (Doesn't the "O" in OPVP stand for "Organized"? :p )

STO is supposed to be fun (and usually is), but this enviroment is harldy conducive to that. With that, I think I will opt out as others have before me, and spend my time fending enemy ship fire in game, instead of insults here.

Good day gentlemen.
Lt. Commander
# 203
09-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
this could be easily remedied by allowing mixed teams and replacing these ships with Star Cruisers or DSSVs.
The dssv has more shields than the varanus. Its not a direct comparison. If cross faction teams were available, we'd have the intrepid and star cruiser every day of the week.
Lt. Commander
# 204
09-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromgold View Post
I for one could not agree more. What's sad is that this has turned out to be such a one-sided fiasco.

I have participated in quite a few tournaments, and they were all much more fun than this. No one who is doing this "for the community" should be so close minded, nor should they portray themselves in such an arrogant, insulting light. I mean, resorting to name calling is childish. Sheesh. I came here, with what I felt was a genuine, ligitimate concern, and the response was being called a douchebag, a little girl, a whiner, etc. I don't know about you, but to me that does not smack of great community work.

Then, these same ppl prop them selves up on the "we came from nothing and look at us now" crutch. ( I swear I could almost hear the theme from Rocky in the backgroud LOL) Next, they make an overly defensive post in which they attempt to pursuade anyone who has balked at the obvious flaws and loopholes of this event that they are right. Therefore, any who disagree with their opinion must be wrong. Then, they even go on to include the proper way for the participants to THINK. heheh.

Personally, I think I have had enough of the god-complex and the insults, not to mention the "unwritten" rule allowances, and the rules changing every week. (Doesn't the "O" in OPVP stand for "Organized"? :p )

STO is supposed to be fun (and usually is), but this enviroment is harldy conducive to that. With that, I think I will opt out as others have before me, and spend my time fending enemy ship fire in game, instead of insults here.

Good day gentlemen.

With attitudes like this, I can see the whole tournament getting canceled.
Lt. Commander
# 205
09-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
With attitudes like this, I can see the whole tournament getting canceled.
This is this tournament. The rules are what they are. Torpedo Spread was changed shortly before the tournament launched, so some kind of decision had to be made.
The other rules were known before the tournament started.

But apparantly, things were not as clear as it appeared:
1) Some people didn't quite get how the team captain scheduling was supposed to work.
2) Some people didn't understand that some pets were still okay, because they assumed "no mines" also meant pet mines.
3) Some people are unhappy with the Torpedo Spread decision.
4) Some people feel that some decisions where made unclear.

The confusion and disagreement about some points may be understandable. But it's a lesson for the next tournament. This is one tournament. If you win, it doesn't mean you're the number one hero of Startrek Online. If you lose, it doesn't mean you're a failure of a player or fleet. Whatever happens - it means you probably need to do harder in the next tournament. But for their to be a next tournament, you must keep fighting. You must give people the feeling that the community can get together to make it work. You must stick with it. Otherwise, you're demotivating everyone involved - the ones that worked hard to build their team. Those that set up the rules for the tournament, organized the Risa Radio thing.

The rule issues that exist can be solved for the next tournaments. It will never be perfect, because Startrek Online's PvP balance has a lot of problems. Any tournament rules represent only the initiators best effort in creating fair rules. Every team's result represent the participants best effort under the rules.

Play this tournament. Take notes on what you didn't like and what you liked. Don't let the negative get to you. Play. Try your best, enjoy it, see what you can take from it.

I agree with Beagles and Zorenas observations, that we need tournaments like this, where people think beyond their individual player build and make their entire team work as one unit. That's a unique challenge, probably the hardest. It's the one thing left if you're mostly PvPing with fleet mates and regularly beating PuGs. I think it's worthy trying to participate in such tournaments, and trying to create rules for this tournaments.
And I certainly appreciate the effort that everyone put into it. Beagles and Zorena in setting up the tournaments, and all the fleets that build their teams and send them out to fight.
Lt. Commander
# 206 FSI vs CS match
09-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Hey FSI,

I sent you a mail on Tuesday confirming 2 p.m. est/ 6 p.m. gmt on 9/11.

As far as CS is concerned the match time you set up which we confirmed for is good to go.

If this is going to be a problem, we can reschedule......again....

CS
Lt. Commander
# 207 Third Time's the charm.
09-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Hey

Now to confirm for all involved, FSI and CS will be having their tournament match. at 2p.m. EST on Sept. 18.

We look forward to the match.

CS
Lt. Commander
# 208
09-11-2011, 01:09 PM
In the funday the rule was: "No mines (Karfi mines are okay)".

I though that was unnecessary, i thought none would not get that.

Oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 209
09-11-2011, 03:03 PM
RE - CAC

Match 1

Match 2
Lt. Commander
# 210
09-11-2011, 04:21 PM
I for one found our match ( QEW Vs 12th ) enlightening, I will not lie and say it was fun, we got our butts kicked 15-1 - 15-1. Never fun.

Its like Storm said, win some lose some.

GG QEW, your Fleet is an honor to the Klingon's