Lt. Commander
I have two PWI accounts and two STO (Atari) accounts (one was only a trial). I was wondering, with the acquisition of Cryptic by PWI, will our STO Accounts be changed to PWI accounts? If so, will we be able to merge our STO Accounts with our PWI accounts so that we can continue to use one universal login?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
I have two PWI accounts and two STO (Atari) accounts (one was only a trial). I was wondering, with the acquisition of Cryptic by PWI, will our STO Accounts be changed to PWI accounts? If so, will we be able to merge our STO Accounts with our PWI accounts so that we can continue to use one universal login?
That's an interesting question that has never occurred to me before. Ultimately I suppose your best bet currently is to ask this question via the billing support, but it could be a question worthy of being added to a potential FAQ.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Wishy is working on a new FAQ to cover some of these issues. If you're really concerned I'd suggest doing what MustrumRidcully suggests and send out a billing ticket on it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
I would think it would be logical for PWI to make STO accounts work for PWI games as it would grow there business but when that will happen is really the question,

as for merging accounts that my take longer if at all to happen. as merging data bases is much more difficult at task then just importing data,
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Odds are it'll work the same way it does with Atari.

Our accounts are Cryptic owned. They exist on the Cryptic databases and no where else. Atari simply accessed those databases when people logged into their website. Perfect World will do the same. This most likely means that we will be able to play Perfect World games with our current accounts.

There might also be a way to link your current Perfect World account to your Cryptic account which would make things easier for players who have both.

Keep in mind that I'm making these assumptions based on my experience and the fact that both Perfect World and Cryptic will want to make this as smooth a transition as possible.