Lt. Commander
# 1 Arms race
08-11-2011, 05:30 AM
Hey guys,
Seems like that the KDF arenít in the arms race yet. Are the kdf ever going to get any uber consoles that compare to the ones feds have been getting on their c-store ships? What gives?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-11-2011, 05:41 AM
The KDF don't need the so called uber-consoles... They are about brute force...

Example: Even their most elaborate game, is banging heads together.... and thats not even battle.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-11-2011, 05:56 AM
I don't know for sure, but I feel I've read somewhere that in the next batch of ships being released (many of which are planned to have console special abilities), the KDF actually has a larger proportion. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
So the KDF may actually win this next phase of the 'arms race'

Also, all consoles will be available to both factions eventually (Duty officer system, anyone?)
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
I don't know for sure, but I feel I've read somewhere that in the next batch of ships being released (many of which are planned to have console special abilities), the KDF actually has a larger proportion. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, all consoles will be available to both factions eventually (Duty officer system, anyone?)

I would very much like to see a link for the post where you read this...it would make me happy.
I've seen a post about some new skins for existing ships, but nothing about new ships, nor KDF getting any special consoles, nor that all consoles will be available for both sides.
Please show me where you read a Dev stating that.
Player-made rumor threads are just not beliveable.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post

Example: Even their most elaborate game, is banging heads together.... and thats not even battle.
Yeah ... but aren't those Feds sporting a specialized torpedo that we in the KDF developed?
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post

Ok thanks for that useless input.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor

Where did you see that all the consoles will be available to both factions? I highly doubt that. If they did do this it's a lazy fix, why not create different ones for kdf? Maybe that makes too much sense.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post

I would very much like to see a link for the post where you read this...it would make me happy.
I've seen a post about some new skins for existing ships, but nothing about new ships, nor KDF getting any special consoles, nor that all consoles will be available for both sides.
Please show me where you read a Dev stating that.
Player-made rumor threads are just not beliveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoog
Where did you see that all the consoles will be available to both factions? I highly doubt that. If they did do this it's a lazy fix, why not create different ones for kdf? Maybe that makes too much sense.
After much memory bank trawling.... Enjoy the rhode island feedback thread on the tribble forums section:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...1&postcount=17

and

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...4&postcount=26
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-11-2011, 07:00 AM
CaptLogan talked actually about ship skins the KDF should get sometime in the future. They never said when we will get them in the near future of IF they will be free at all. From previous experience I expect them that the ships will be delayed by the powers that rule again and in favour for more Federation only stuff. If we get them earlier I expect them that we will have to pay in C-Store for them an exorbitant fee.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoog
Ok thanks for that useless input.
Anytime...

So maybe some sort of enhanced armor?