Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Arms race
08-11-2011, 05:30 AM
Hey guys,
Seems like that the KDF arenít in the arms race yet. Are the kdf ever going to get any uber consoles that compare to the ones feds have been getting on their c-store ships? What gives?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-11-2011, 05:41 AM
The KDF don't need the so called uber-consoles... They are about brute force...

Example: Even their most elaborate game, is banging heads together.... and thats not even battle.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-11-2011, 05:56 AM
I don't know for sure, but I feel I've read somewhere that in the next batch of ships being released (many of which are planned to have console special abilities), the KDF actually has a larger proportion. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
So the KDF may actually win this next phase of the 'arms race'

Also, all consoles will be available to both factions eventually (Duty officer system, anyone?)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
I don't know for sure, but I feel I've read somewhere that in the next batch of ships being released (many of which are planned to have console special abilities), the KDF actually has a larger proportion. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
So the KDF may actually win this next phase of the 'arms race'

Also, all consoles will be available to both factions eventually (Duty officer system, anyone?)

I would very much like to see a link for the post where you read this...it would make me happy.
I've seen a post about some new skins for existing ships, but nothing about new ships, nor KDF getting any special consoles, nor that all consoles will be available for both sides.
Please show me where you read a Dev stating that.
Player-made rumor threads are just not beliveable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The KDF don't need the so called uber-consoles... They are about brute force...

Example: Even their most elaborate game, is banging heads together.... and thats not even battle.
Yeah ... but aren't those Feds sporting a specialized torpedo that we in the KDF developed?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The KDF don't need the so called uber-consoles... They are about brute force...

Example: Even their most elaborate game, is banging heads together.... and thats not even battle.
Ok thanks for that useless input.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
I don't know for sure, but I feel I've read somewhere that in the next batch of ships being released (many of which are planned to have console special abilities), the KDF actually has a larger proportion. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
So the KDF may actually win this next phase of the 'arms race'

Also, all consoles will be available to both factions eventually (Duty officer system, anyone?)
Where did you see that all the consoles will be available to both factions? I highly doubt that. If they did do this it's a lazy fix, why not create different ones for kdf? Maybe that makes too much sense.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post

I would very much like to see a link for the post where you read this...it would make me happy.
I've seen a post about some new skins for existing ships, but nothing about new ships, nor KDF getting any special consoles, nor that all consoles will be available for both sides.
Please show me where you read a Dev stating that.
Player-made rumor threads are just not beliveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoog
Where did you see that all the consoles will be available to both factions? I highly doubt that. If they did do this it's a lazy fix, why not create different ones for kdf? Maybe that makes too much sense.
After much memory bank trawling.... Enjoy the rhode island feedback thread on the tribble forums section:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...1&postcount=17

and

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...4&postcount=26
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-11-2011, 07:00 AM
CaptLogan talked actually about ship skins the KDF should get sometime in the future. They never said when we will get them in the near future of IF they will be free at all. From previous experience I expect them that the ships will be delayed by the powers that rule again and in favour for more Federation only stuff. If we get them earlier I expect them that we will have to pay in C-Store for them an exorbitant fee.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoog
Ok thanks for that useless input.
Anytime...

So maybe some sort of enhanced armor?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:07 PM.