Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
08-14-2011, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
I would be very surprised if the new ships/skins are anything but in the C-store. Cryptics does this for the money, not for fun. Klingons are frothing at the mouth for new ships and no matter how many may complain about it, many more will spend the money for those new ships when they come.
It's just a game to us, but, it's how they feed their families....
I may not care for it, but that's the reality of it. Accept it. I have.
I would imagine that the new ships would follow in the footsteps of the Rhode Island, in that initially it will be c-store only. 'Eventually' they will be available through in-game means. [STOKED Interview]

In my view, the in game method should be finalised before c-store release in order not to **** off paying subscribers... ...

With any luck, once the RI gets released withing a short space of time the in game method will be ready to go and the ammount of time that the rest of the ships spend as exclusively c-store will be shorter (really though... not gonna happen)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
08-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
So the KDF not only get better ships, but more consoles as well? beautiful. how about balanced factions for a change?
Looks like they're working on it...we shall yet see how it unfolds...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
08-15-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
I would imagine that the new ships would follow in the footsteps of the Rhode Island, in that initially it will be c-store only. 'Eventually' they will be available through in-game means. [STOKED Interview]

In my view, the in game method should be finalised before c-store release in order not to **** off paying subscribers... ...

With any luck, once the RI gets released withing a short space of time the in game method will be ready to go and the ammount of time that the rest of the ships spend as exclusively c-store will be shorter (really though... not gonna happen)
With the rumours of F2P flying around, I've got a suspicion that the "in game" method will be for those who pay sub fees/lifetime subs and will be that those who're lifetimers and paying subs will have free access to the C-store or some sort of stipend, and that this is why Cryptic are being decidedly un-expansive when describing how things will eventually be available in game as it'd out whatever potential F2P plans exist.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
08-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
  • Vandal Siphon Probe
There's a word for what I'm feeling right now... what is it? Oh yes, SQUEEEEEEEE!

If this comes attached to a T5 Nausicaan science vessel I might just need to change my pants.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
08-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
There's a word for what I'm feeling right now... what is it? Oh yes, SQUEEEEEEEE!

If this comes attached to a T5 Nausicaan science vessel I might just need to change my pants.
I can imagine the Nausicaan Syphon frigate making an appearance lower down much like the Rhode Island. If they did a T5 ship, I'd want me a Talon battleship decked out like a 'celsior. I'd roll a Nausicaan engineer before you could say "awesome sauce".

Also, it may intrest you to know that Vo'Quv carriers can launch 5 syphon pods at a time. I 1v1ed a Vo'Quv that'd been throwing To'Duh fighters around in Ker'rat only to realise too late that they'd swapped on me and got hit with them plus another Energy Syphon and was just dead in the water being pecked to death by fighers and the carriers turrets. It's rather deadly and under used I think.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
08-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
I can imagine the Nausicaan Syphon frigate making an appearance lower down much like the Rhode Island. If they did a T5 ship, I'd want me a Talon battleship decked out like a 'celsior. I'd roll a Nausicaan engineer before you could say "awesome sauce".

Also, it may intrest you to know that Vo'Quv carriers can launch 5 syphon pods at a time. I 1v1ed a Vo'Quv that'd been throwing To'Duh fighters around in Ker'rat only to realise too late that they'd swapped on me and got hit with them plus another Energy Syphon and was just dead in the water being pecked to death by fighers and the carriers turrets. It's rather deadly and under used I think.
Reading the post again I'm afraid you might be right. This will probably come as a scaling console for a low tier c-store science vessel. So my pants are safe. Wonder if I can make this work with a Guramba.

A Nausicaan ship with the BOFF set up people have been asking for on the K'Tinga refit? I like your brand of crazy! Plus it would be easier to balance the KDF 'celsior without a cloaking device so there's logic in this to boot. I'm not holding my breath but I'm strongly in favor of any new Nausicaan ships in game.

I've actually never seriously played a Carrier before, the turn radius on my old Assault Cruiser just drove me up the wall. 5 syphon pods, 6 science powers and innate subsystem targeting if I grab a couple of disruptor arrays you say? I'm... almost considering trying a shield strip/BO3 build with my tac officer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
08-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
I don't know for sure, but I feel I've read somewhere that in the next batch of ships being released (many of which are planned to have console special abilities), the KDF actually has a larger proportion. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
So the KDF may actually win this next phase of the 'arms race'

Also, all consoles will be available to both factions eventually (Duty officer system, anyone?)
Yup, Dan him self said that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
08-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Please don't forget to add that we will have to pay for this ships through C-Store
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
08-18-2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Please don't forget to add that we will have to pay for this ships through C-Store
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Similarly, we are working on a mechanic to make it possible to acquire these consoles in game.
That is all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
08-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
That is all.
I'm sorry, but I don't think this is a satisfactory solution.
The in game method of aquisition should be in place before the ships are released in the c-store. Not an un-defined period of time afterwards (we could be talking 6 months delay here, easily)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 PM.