Lt. Commander
# 1 Transport an NPC
08-09-2011, 01:53 AM
It is possible to tag a character and have them transport away.

I have seen this in missions and have to tried to work it out but cannot find a way to do it in the Foundry

Thanks

Ian
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-09-2011, 05:14 AM
You basically drop two instances of the same NPC on the map, and create a beamin- and beamout sequence.

So it is not that you actually move the NPC... you're simply watching two diffrent NPC's
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Presently, this is not possible. You can't "hide" NPCs (this includes beaming them out).
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-09-2011, 06:02 AM
You can beam in, but you can't beam out.

So instead of beaming out, beam something bigger on top of the NPC. Use a crate. For most of the maps there are so many crates already that the player will not notice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-09-2011, 09:52 AM
You also have to remember that most of the animations repeat, so they don't work well with friendlies. They'll keeping beaming in over and over again, unless that was updated recently.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
You also have to remember that most of the animations repeat, so they don't work well with friendlies. They'll keeping beaming in over and over again, unless that was updated recently.
Actually I think it was updated. The starfleet beam in animation seems to fire only once when you switch an NPC from hidden to visible.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-10-2011, 02:23 AM
All tho you can't have npc beam out you can have objects beam out so put a invisible object over the npc then when task is complete have npc go invisible and same with invisible object with beam animation.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munrock
Actually I think it was updated. The starfleet beam in animation seems to fire only once when you switch an NPC from hidden to visible.
No that has always been the default behavior for when an NPC's state changes from invisble to visible. Kirkfat is talking about when you set an NPC's idle animation to "beam in" or "beam out" - it will loop because all animations set on an NPC are set to loop.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro1
All tho you can't have npc beam out you can have objects beam out so put a invisible object over the npc then when task is complete have npc go invisible and same with invisible object with beam animation.
You can't make an NPC go invisible. Putting an invisible object over an NPC won't make them go invisible either - you just see the NPC through the invisible object because the object is invisible and not the NPC :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-10-2011, 06:08 PM
I tried in my latest mission during combat to set ships to warp in with idle animations. I figured that if they are immediately in combat the animation would show only once. Problem was, by the time the second squad arrived, the battle had taken me out of range of the new ships entry spot. I watched them warp in looped until I got in range.