Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 111
08-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
I myself am concerned about Project F, F as in Foundry. I can only hope that we see some positive traction on this front soon.
EDIT: and positive as in forward progress improving it, not just getting it back online.

/returns you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Now that Neverwinter is back on track, the Foundry should start getting back on track too. Remember, it's a rather essential game feature for Neverwinter.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 112
08-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes finally we are out from under Infrogames, i say infro instead of Atari as we all know Infro bougght Atari just for the name.

but anyways now sto can be sto. and cryptic will hopefully get atleas 50% of the capital from c-store and subs. So it can pay for new hires and content dev.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 113
08-17-2011, 10:28 AM
*looks under jobs*

Hmmm.... no IT or mook openings.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 114
08-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Perfect World's acquisition of Cryptic Studios is complete! This is great news for Cryptic and we couldn't be happier.

We have exciting announcements queued up for the near future, too announcements that may even detail significant improvements to our existing products and shed light on games we still have in development... Lots of awesome things are right around the corner!

But what about right-now-this-second-now-now?

Well, right now we'd like to reassure our fans and players that it's basically business as usual for us and you. Things are changing and changing for the better but the immediate changes we need to make to complete our separation from Atari and our integration into Perfect World are virtually all cosmetic. For example, Atari Tokens will shortly become Cryptic Points (incidentally, some may recall they were originally called Cryptic Points long ago). There's a lot happening on our back-end to facilitate that kind of change, but from an everyday user's perspective, it mostly just comes down to names and icons.

Of course, we'll provide exact details on the exact changes we make in the near future. As it stands, we're planning to roll out across-the-board separation work on August 18th, but some components are trickling out even now based on the needs of our game teams and their builds.

In short: There shouldn't be any inconvenience to our players, we're moving forward with a lot of great improvements to our games, more details will come soon, and we'll publish exactly what we do and how it impacts you all as it happens.

P.S. : We're Hiring!

I have other perfect world games I play such as Forsaken World. Will I soon be able to use the same login on that game as I do on this game?

Also will the cryptic points be changing to Zen Points like the rest of perfect worlds games?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 115 Job Openings
08-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Congrat's on the completion of the deal.

Awesome news on the new Hiring!

No Audio positions... sniff sniff.

(Did forward the page on to some of my friends that have experience in the other areas that you are hiring for)

Best wishes,
Joel
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 116
08-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Perfect World's acquisition of Cryptic Studios is complete! This is great news for Cryptic and we couldn't be happier.

We have exciting announcements queued up for the near future, too announcements that may even detail significant improvements to our existing products and shed light on games we still have in development... Lots of awesome things are right around the corner!

But what about right-now-this-second-now-now?

Well, right now we'd like to reassure our fans and players that it's basically business as usual for us and you. Things are changing and changing for the better but the immediate changes we need to make to complete our separation from Atari and our integration into Perfect World are virtually all cosmetic. For example, Atari Tokens will shortly become Cryptic Points (incidentally, some may recall they were originally called Cryptic Points long ago). There's a lot happening on our back-end to facilitate that kind of change, but from an everyday user's perspective, it mostly just comes down to names and icons.

Of course, we'll provide exact details on the exact changes we make in the near future. As it stands, we're planning to roll out across-the-board separation work on August 18th, but some components are trickling out even now based on the needs of our game teams and their builds.

In short: There shouldn't be any inconvenience to our players, we're moving forward with a lot of great improvements to our games, more details will come soon, and we'll publish exactly what we do and how it impacts you all as it happens.

P.S. : We're Hiring!
thank flip for that..i dot know much about tis new company..but atari..unfortunately maybe...spells doom for all it touches. I am glad for you guys "cryptic" to have a chance to work maybe more the way you wanted and with people who want success not mediocre sales. congrats
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 117
08-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewkesman View Post
Yes finally we are out from under Infrogames, i say infro instead of Atari as we all know Infro bougght Atari just for the name.

but anyways now sto can be sto. and cryptic will hopefully get atleas 50% of the capital from c-store and subs. So it can pay for new hires and content dev.
you are right.....but excpet for the old hard core atari fans..you's think it would be a logo companies woud want to avoid!! it's has been YEARS since the atari name did ANYTHING of note..hmm
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 118 That is mainly because...
08-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QE2
you are right.....but excpet for the old hard core atari fans..you's think it would be a logo companies woud want to avoid!! it's has been YEARS since the atari name did ANYTHING of note..hmm
That is mainly because Timothy Leary, Atari's founder died many years ago, that Atari went into a decline. However, they did a good thing with Chuck E Cheese pizza.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:13 PM.