Lt. Commander
# 11
08-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Perfect World's acquisition of Cryptic Studios is complete! This is great news for Cryptic and we couldn't be happier.

We have exciting announcements queued up for the near future, too announcements that may even detail significant improvements to our existing products and shed light on games we still have in development... Lots of awesome things are right around the corner!

But what about right-now-this-second-now-now?

Well, right now we'd like to reassure our fans and players that it's basically business as usual for us and you. Things are changing and changing for the better but the immediate changes we need to make to complete our separation from Atari and our integration into Perfect World are virtually all cosmetic. For example, Atari Tokens will shortly become Cryptic Points (incidentally, some may recall they were originally called Cryptic Points long ago). There's a lot happening on our back-end to facilitate that kind of change, but from an everyday user's perspective, it mostly just comes down to names and icons.

Of course, we'll provide exact details on the exact changes we make in the near future. As it stands, we're planning to roll out across-the-board separation work on August 18th, but some components are trickling out even now based on the needs of our game teams and their builds.

In short: There shouldn't be any inconvenience to our players, we're moving forward with a lot of great improvements to our games, more details will come soon, and we'll publish exactly what we do and how it impacts you all as it happens.

P.S. : We're Hiring!
This is wonderful news and I'm looking forward to all the boons our new Perfect World masters have in store for us.

* starts to make some sushi in celebration* any requests?
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtJohnson
This is wonderful news and I'm looking forward to all the boons our new Perfect World masters have in store for us.

* starts to make some sushi in celebration* any requests?
Hm, isnt sushi japanese ?
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtJohnson
*starts to make some sushi in celebration* any requests?
Yes, I'd like a Sunset and a Sunrise, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Because there will HAVE to be a maintanence and patch shutdown to change the Atari Logo from my game load screen, into a Perfect World Logo!!!
*whispers, pointing at the patch notes from last night* We smuggled it in already. You hardly noticed it between the other stuff, did you? ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRider
Do they let you write this stuff (after they say... here's the general idea of the message) or do they give you a scripted response?

I like to think you get to write it in your style because it always comes out as caring and somewhat playful. If it is ghostwritten.... then you have a decent ghosewriter!
Some of it I write, some of it goes through a few people's hands for edit and some of it comes down from above my pay grade. But, yes, when you see something starting with "Hey you guys", that's me in most cases. 'cause, y'know, you're my guys and gals.

We also have the FAQ that Community is working on and we'll certainly have more updates for you as things are being hammered out. It does take time, especially as a lot of things have only indeed started now (some matters had to wait before we could address them of course), so please bear with us while we get this moving forward. More info is headed your way; Stormy and I are scrubbing the forums for your questions so we can hopefully get these addressed. Keep 'em coming, so we know what's on your minds.

Thanks so much.
Lt. Commander
# 14 not killing the messeger
08-11-2011, 10:17 AM
While i wont kill the messenger i didnt see much of anything. almost sound like a political message.

Great news stuff changing but not changing but we have change coming that we still havent thought how to tell you because we are changing to something that we changed, oh btw the stuff thats changing has to do with us as a company and not the game you are playing hehehhe. lol

I am sorry wishy but its just to funny the message. My brain just said WTF when i read the post. it was just hahahahha stuff we already knew and well to be honest will get lost in the hole of post after a few days.

P.S. Shouldnt the executive producer do some sort of video to ensure our loyalty or something or do you guys just take that for granted now. like ya know some sort of song a dance to help us feel better at this new sell of cryptic.

Just saying
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
'cause, y'know, you're my guys and gals.
Thanks for not calling us your peeps.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-11-2011, 10:22 AM
So do we need to go to Atari's web page to clear out our credit card info with them and if so can someone give us an idea how to go about doing that so we don't have to hunt it down?
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-11-2011, 10:25 AM
*wispers* Hey Wishy, Atari's logo is stil on STO's homepage.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-11-2011, 10:30 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

I, for one, welcome our new Perfect World Overlords. Id like to remind them that as a trusted forum personality, I can be helpful in any areas that require assistance, including the apprehension and destruction of any future inevitable insurrection attempts.

LOL LOL

Seriously. I'm happy at this and glad for the official announcement. I'm looking forward to the changes!

Thanks!

P.S. I would be proud to be one of Wishy's Peeps. :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Perfect World's acquisition of Cryptic Studios is complete! This is great news for Cryptic and we couldn't be happier.
Dare I say it? Does that mean we're "Living in a Perfect World"? Or can we start using the cliche, "In a Perfect World, {insert ideal scenario} would occur. But, since we're not {less ideal scenario} will occur."

I will now activate my shielding now that I have fired off a salvo of terrible puns and cliches. INCOMING!
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Yes, I'd like a Sunset and a Sunrise, please!
if memory servers me right, and it tends to from time to time.

sunset maki - California Roll Wrapped Outside with Fresh Salmon and Topped With Salmon Roe and Sweet Miso Sauce

sunrise maki - Unagi, avocado, tempura crumbs wrapped with shrimp and topped with miso sauce and ikura

http://theroad2osaka.wordpress.com/ <-- Personal Blog

might i also suggest my own creation the Sudo Maki - Tamago, cream cheese, jalapeno and crispy hardwood smoked bacon. served with unagi sauce ( can also be tempura fried )

-----

game related, I've notived there is still a lot of Atari icons around in the in-game C-Store and the copyright notices " Atari logos and name, rights are reserved ..." once again I'm excited to see that most of the changes are purely cosmetic thus far. Keep up the great job.