Lt. Commander
# 21
08-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I, for one, welcome our new Perfect World Overlords. Id like to remind them that as a trusted forum personality, I can be helpful in any areas that require assistance, including the apprehension and destruction of any future inevitable insurrection attempts.
Selling us out already Vetinari?
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin View Post
Naturally.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin View Post
Of course he does ! How do you think he became Patrician in the first place ?
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRider
Do they let you write this stuff (after they say... here's the general idea of the message) or do they give you a scripted response?

I like to think you get to write it in your style becuase it always comes out as caring and somewhat playful. If it is ghostwritten.... then you have a decent ghosewriter!
Wishy is a capable professional. I'm sure she writes it herself.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Perfect World's acquisition of Cryptic Studios is complete! This is great news for Cryptic and we couldn't be happier.

We have exciting announcements queued up for the near future, too announcements that may even detail significant improvements to our existing products and shed light on games we still have in development... Lots of awesome things are right around the corner!

But what about right-now-this-second-now-now?

Well, right now we'd like to reassure our fans and players that it's basically business as usual for us and you. Things are changing and changing for the better but the immediate changes we need to make to complete our separation from Atari and our integration into Perfect World are virtually all cosmetic. For example, Atari Tokens will shortly become Cryptic Points (incidentally, some may recall they were originally called Cryptic Points long ago). There's a lot happening on our back-end to facilitate that kind of change, but from an everyday user's perspective, it mostly just comes down to names and icons.

Of course, we'll provide exact details on the exact changes we make in the near future. As it stands, we're planning to roll out across-the-board separation work on August 18th, but some components are trickling out even now based on the needs of our game teams and their builds.

In short: There shouldn't be any inconvenience to our players, we're moving forward with a lot of great improvements to our games, more details will come soon, and we'll publish exactly what we do and how it impacts you all as it happens.

P.S. : We're Hiring!
Thats great news even better that you can hire some staff lol
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtJohnson
if memory serves me right, and it tends to from time to time.
Very good! Though I know the Sunrise as using flying fish roe and wrapping the rice with an off-pinkish tuna; both topped with the yolk of a quail egg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtJohnson
game related, I've noticed there is still a lot of Atari icons around in the in-game C-Store and the copyright notices " Atari logos and name, rights are reserved ..." once again I'm excited to see that most of the changes are purely cosmetic thus far. Keep up the great job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
*whispers* Hey Wishy, Atari's logo is still on STO's homepage.
Yes, and you'll still stumble over some logos, copyright notes and similar for a little while. We can only now start to execute things fully, so taking the website, legal writs, logos and so on apart will take time. Like the Atari Token logos and notes in game. Some will already have changed to a placeholder while others are the final version and some still will show the Atari Token sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body_Surfer
So do we need to go to Atari's web page to clear out our credit card info with them and if so can someone give us an idea how to go about doing that so we don't have to hunt it down?
I'll add this to the FAQs! Right now, I simply do not have an answer for this, sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-11-2011, 11:03 AM
i look forward to the future.

let's see what's out there...engage.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Yes there will be inconvenience!!!
Because there will HAVE to be a maintanence and patch shutdown to change the Atari Logo from my game load screen, into a Perfect World Logo!!!
Although, it will be a Welcomed change!
Little bit of paint and all remnants of Atari go bye bye
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
I'll add this to the FAQs! Right now, I simply do not have an answer for this, sorry.
Thank you. Take your time theirs no rush.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Very good! Though I know the Sunrise as using flying fish roe and wrapping the rice with an off-pinkish tuna; both topped with the yolk of a quail egg.
Dangit Whishy now you've made me really hungry. I loves the sushi!!