Lt. Commander
# 11
08-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I usually say GG when it's a GG, especially ones that don't involve a ton of sci spam (like SS, PSW, CPB+TB, SNB etc) as that takes a lot of the fun away.

Once fought a pretty long battle against Era and his team. The end score was 15-4, but it was fun so in my opinion (and those on my team), it was a GG even though we lost.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
Typing GG, itís a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I know why players do it, much like shaking hands after a sporting game.

To me a "good" game should just be that, not a stomping. I normally just dont say anything or if I do I thank them for playing.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I do type GG but normally when it was a close match and everyone seemed to be working hard on winning and having fun.
It's better than saying,"whammy! You just got pwned!" I like to be a good sport and trash talk when nessacery.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-11-2011, 12:02 PM
I always say GG, no matter the score. It's a measure of decency and respect for your fellow man.

BTW GFY is not the appropriate response to someone saying gg if they just 15-0ed you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-11-2011, 12:22 PM
I always say GG if i loose, if i win only if my enemy said it first OR if it really was a good game!

Try to atleast!
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I always say GG, no matter the score. It's a measure of decency and respect for your fellow man.

BTW GFY is not the appropriate response to someone saying gg if they just 15-0ed you.
Yeah. We got GFY'd the other night.... I was like.....? Uh really? We're like the nicest guys... Except Grey, he's kinda a jerk..... Jk lol but still....it was not a good pug and we were totally not pressing any 1 player really hard. Meh.... And when you are usually on the losing end against a premade it's nice to pull off a paced victory to 15-0. I just wish those guys who get bitter would put together a team and see how easy it is sometimes to go into the q's and perform well.

Anyway, GG all

see you on the battlefield
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-11-2011, 01:22 PM
I usually say GG whether I win or lose. It's a handshake and a thanks to my opponents (and to my team). Even if they/we did get stomped, I appreciate that they finished the match as I've seen a lot of players leave when it's one sided.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Because of complaints about GG and the occasional GFY comment I mostly stopped saying GG. Instead I say thanks for playing, to let them know i appreciate them. If it really was a good game, i still say thanks and good game!
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
I started saying "Thanks all" because I appreciate people showing up to play. The problem is that some folks take it as a slap in the face just like getting butt hurt over "gg". Some people just can't get over themselves.

I've been in good games and I've been in awful games. I'm just happy to play.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-11-2011, 01:53 PM
i usually try and say gg most times to be polite, unless it was a total mess like 5v2 or a team got blown away 15-0 in 3 minutes due to one side having no tactics at all.

at that point is seems more like an insult to people's intelligence to suggest the game was good if it was in fact a really bad game.

basically i judge it on how it went and the circumstances.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I used to until I would get nasty remarks directed at my team afterwards or I would get nasty tells. Now I do not. I am trying to get back into when I come across people I know that see the game the same way as I do but a 12 month habit is hard to break.