Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
08-12-2011, 05:23 AM
I would just assume its implied if u all warp out before the usual end game hand shakes :-D
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
08-14-2011, 07:57 AM
In most cases, after the match is done I dont use "GG".... but if match was exciting, the result was uncertain until the final moment and I was in good team (no matter whether we won or not) - yeah this certainly deserves to be called "GG".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
08-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
If you're as bad at PvP as you say you are, maybe that's why they are 'yelling' at you. There's a difference between not being the best, and simply being terrible (aka. greedy zombie cruisers who don't throw out heals probably deserve to be yelled at)
Teehee, you misunderstood.
People yelling at ME? Fine. I suck, I know it, sorry you have to play with me. (Actually, part of the reason I don't PvP much is so that folks don't have to PvP with me. Keeps everyone happy!)

I mean those guys that come into the map, tell everyone they know how this has to go, come up with some ridiculous, bad plan that no one who understands the game would want to follow and then continue to bemoan how everyone else is dumb, sucks, add some more ***s and ###s and possibly some $%&s and who will then tell everyone how they are losing and deserve to do so because no one was listening to his wonderful plan.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
08-15-2011, 11:52 AM
I think people who "sucks" should have to openly declare it in zone chat at the beginning of the match
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
08-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
Typing GG, its a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I know why players do it, much like shaking hands after a sporting game.

To me a "good" game should just be that, not a stomping. I normally just dont say anything or if I do I thank them for playing.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I do type GG but normally when it was a close match and everyone seemed to be working hard on winning and having fun.
WOW...

so if you **** a team you dont say GG?

its sportsmanship dude...
You cant blame the others for pugging... or being grouped with players worse then your team.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
08-15-2011, 11:56 AM
If it was a good match (rare) and the opposing team gets more than 20% of it's goal, I actually congratulate them.
Otherwise I say "thanks for showing up".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
08-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
I think people who "sucks" should have to openly declare it in zone chat at the beginning of the match
Chat channels are spammy enoough as it is.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
08-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
I think people who "sucks" should have to openly declare it in zone chat at the beginning of the match
I never do ground PvP, because I generally don't last more than a few seconds after engaging someone in combat. Space PvP is what I'm best at
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
08-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
I mean those guys that come into the map, tell everyone they know how this has to go, come up with some ridiculous, bad plan that no one who understands the game would want to follow and then continue to bemoan how everyone else is dumb, sucks, add some more ***s and ###s and possibly some $%&s and who will then tell everyone how they are losing and deserve to do so because no one was listening to his wonderful plan.
I know that type!

To be fair, I've run into a few of those know-it-all's in PvP but no were near as many as I've experienced in PvE. The saddest thing is, I don't even PvE all that much. It's funny though, because I tend to shy away from organized raid stuff like the STF's for a similar reason. I don't like being the dead weight that holds the team back during these long events. Too much pressure, lol.

Oddly enough, I don't have the same hang ups about bringing my team, PuG or otherwise, down when PvPing. Go figureXD.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
08-15-2011, 01:16 PM
I never GG unless it was relatively close. If you win an Arena match 15 to 4 or a Cap and hold by over 500 points then say "GG" to me that's just being patronizing since it was obviously NOT a "GG" because one team was vastly more organized/"better" than the other.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 AM.