Lt. Commander
# 61
08-16-2011, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naekuh View Post
WOW...

so if you **** a team you dont say GG?

its sportsmanship dude...
You cant blame the others for pugging... or being grouped with players worse then your team.
Precisely, steamrolling a PUG, only to say "GG" is to me more about rubbing it in..

I will however reply if one of the opposing team say "GG", usually something along the lines of "A bit onesided tbh, but valiant effort on your part nonetheless"

If some premade team spam the most broken things like FAW, pengs, SS3 etc (we all know who Im refering to here :p) .. Then I never consider it a good game, regardless of outcome. Ill simply keep quiet or come with some snide remark about bad players/fleets relying on broken stuff.

Again, if I feel it was a good game, Ill say "GG" - If not, then its just a meaningless thing to say.
Lt. Commander
# 62
08-16-2011, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatumpp View Post
Hello,

What does "GG" mean?

Thank you.

-Hat
Giant geese
Lt. Commander
# 63
08-16-2011, 04:42 AM
Giggle Giggle
Lt. Commander
# 64
08-16-2011, 04:46 AM
good thread all, ty
Lt. Commander
# 65
08-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Win or lose if it's a good fight I've no problem with GG. Its when one is mine spammed, carrier spammed, tractor spammed, SS3 spammed, spawn killed and peng spammed into losing that I find GG to be a bit more than another "f*** you" thrown into the match.
I appreciate a good fight, win or lose and usually have fun but those matches when 2/3 of the match is spent looking through a SS3 or sitting through chained Tractorbeams (before anyone says it, yes I carry ATP O and PH) is anything but a GG. It's more like having someone hold you while their friends beat you up then they walk away like their tough.
Lt. Commander
# 66
08-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkem View Post
Win or lose if it's a good fight I've no problem with GG. Its when one is mine spammed, carrier spammed, tractor spammed, SS3 spammed, spawn killed and peng spammed into losing that I find GG to be a bit more than another "f*** you" thrown into the match.
I appreciate a good fight, win or lose and usually have fun but those matches when 2/3 of the match is spent looking through a SS3 or sitting through chained Tractorbeams (before anyone says it, yes I carry ATP O and PH) is anything but a GG. It's more like having someone hold you while their friends beat you up then they walk away like their tough.
So how do you feel about PVP in general?
Lt. Commander
# 67
08-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkem View Post
No offense to this post, but I've heard this a bit more lately, so if someone could respond about tractor beams? My fleet uses it a bit. Especially with new members who need that facing to gain confidence.

There are like 200 ways to counter a tractor beam. PH, APO, JS, PSW, full engine power and evasive.

Please someone let me know, we don't want to harrass anyone or use a power that is deemed OP or broken.

Also none of us run anything more than tractor beam1, and noone puts not even 1 point into boosting it.

Thanks guys.
Lt. Commander
# 68
08-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Typing GG is a form of being polite and showing sportsmanship. It's like your fave football team shaking hands with the opposition after the match only you cant do that on a computer so we type GG.

Very simple really.
Lt. Commander
# 69
08-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Maybe a stupid suggestion, in order to not make the "GG" sound so much like a gloat to people, (in particular to matches where it is lopsided in one form or another.) would be putting a "Good Luck to All" at the beginning of a match.
Lt. Commander
# 70
08-17-2011, 06:22 PM
That's a nice idea but someone somewhere would still take it the wrong way, just like a few do with "gg". In the end though, we can't just quit being civil simply because others want to be overly sensitive.