Lt. Commander
# 1 Walking animations...
08-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Ok, in regards to the latest tribble tweaks in the walking animations (I personally detest them for both male and female characters btw), I personally think it would be best to allow people to CHOOSE the animation they want to use on their toon rather then binning the current animations. It can't be that hard to fiddle a little box in with the body customizer that asks you which animation you'd like to choose for it next to the stance. At least all these silly hate/love threads would go away and when the animaters feel creative, they can add new animations to sais system. Right now there's too many different opinions on the forced animations to make any majority happy.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
Ok, in regards to the latest tribble tweaks in the walking animations (I personally detest them for both male and female characters btw), I personally think it would be best to allow people to CHOOSE the animation they want to use on their toon rather then binning the current animations. It can't be that hard to fiddle a little box in with the body customizer that asks you which animation you'd like to choose for it next to the stance. At least all these silly hate/love threads would go away and when the animaters feel creative, they can add new animations to sais system. Right now there's too many different opinions on the forced animations to make any majority happy.
I agree it would be nice to choose. They really should set up a different walk for each stance in the tailor.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-16-2011, 03:32 PM
To give my thread a bit more of a push, this youtube video illustrates what I think of the new animations on Tribble:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-8FrqZ3EVE

'nuff said!
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Gimme the arms of the Tribble walk with the hips of the Holodeck walk.

And scrap that awful new sprint, the current one is perfectly fine. Seriously watching the Tribble sprint make me reminisce to old episodes of this while I chuckle softly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post

And scrap that awful new sprint, the current one is perfectly fine. Seriously watching the Tribble sprint make me reminisce to old episodes of this while I chuckle softly.
hey I think I saw them on ESD the other night lol. but yeah the walk needs an overhaul. Seven and T'Pal didn't shake there rears that much in the shows... well the Orions did and we liked it
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post

agreed. the sprint was more then fine before season 4. It looks silly now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-16-2011, 09:56 PM
the sprint looks like you are running for you life.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-17-2011, 01:52 AM
I havn't seen newer animations but they have definitely to work on the current ones, i.e. change them. The current sprint is really unnatural, machine-like and does not all look real.
I can't say if the new sprint is even worse. But current one is far from OK.

In general I find the characters to move quite mechanically, but the sprint animations are worst.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-17-2011, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
I havn't seen newer animations but they have definitely to work on the current ones, i.e. change them. The current sprint is really unnatural, machine-like and does not all look real.
I can't say if the new sprint is even worse. But current one is far from OK.

In general I find the characters to move quite mechanically, but the sprint animations are worst.
I've always thought the current sprint animation looked remarkably good, from the first time I saw it back in beta. A touch stiff, perhaps, but it had a nice pacing and "action hero" energy to it. (The arm-pump and follow-through on the torso was subtle but quite convincing). The only issue I've ever had with it is the fingers of the left hand are bugged and gnarl up during the backswing, but you'd probably have to be an animator to spot that.

I've checked out the new female version on tribble, though, and I have to admit its kinda... girly. A lot of arm flail, to the point of being a touch goofy looking to me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-22-2011, 03:34 PM
I too would love to see an animations page in the character creator. I have a similar thread going (linked in my sig) for this purpose.