Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
08-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
what you describe is the same walk as before. so doesnt sound like there are that many changes.

and so you know high heels dont make a woman wiggle. its the mechanic of her foot placement, leg, hip, and spine. woman who wiggle do so normally flat footed regardless of what shoe they wear.
please, no stereotyping.
lol you are correct sir, when a womans booty wiggles it does in heels, tennis shoes, shoeless, its just how there made lol, also people say the walk doesnt look right havent you ever seen models walk on the cat walk, or if you want cannon look at how seven of nine walked
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
08-11-2011, 11:18 PM
The hip sway for women is there, but on the toons in game it is still exagerated. The degree of hip sway you see on toons here is the type of hip sway that is learned. Again I point the dev's at serving military where women are encouraged to unlearn this type of walk.

Mongoson. The female "Walk" is as much of a cultural thing as a natural occourance of foot placement etc.

Even a male can get that sort of hip swing in thier walk. Your right that its a matter of foot placement. It is a learned behavior.. And it can be trained to make it look even better. (at least to men). US Armed forces also train in the opposit direction to de-emphisise it. I would imagine that Starfleet would do the same..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
08-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
The hip sway for women is there, but on the toons in game it is still exagerated. The degree of hip sway you see on toons here is the type of hip sway that is learned. Again I point the dev's at serving military where women are encouraged to unlearn this type of walk.

Mongoson. The female "Walk" is as much of a cultural thing as a natural occourance of foot placement etc.

Even a male can get that sort of hip swing in thier walk. Your right that its a matter of foot placement. It is a learned behavior.. And it can be trained to make it look even better. (at least to men). US Armed forces also train in the opposit direction to de-emphisise it. I would imagine that Starfleet would do the same..
Well anything and be unlearned but still doesnt have anything to do with most women are shaped different from men, yes i know that is shocking news but they are, there hips are wider and a few other differences, and to say a woman swaying her hips isnt natural is plain silly, to hint such, to me is insulting to women by saying this ur saying most women are just doing it to catch attention, and i think this is degrading of women, there is nothing wrong with the new walk, no need in makeing a moutain out of a molehill, and honestly how many people in gave actually even walk.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
08-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Just revert back to the original Walk animation, I had nothing to complain about it. Nobody else did. Except for 1% of the people. Now it are probably 75% of the people. Did you guys have Role playing problems with the pre-season4 animation or something???

Yeez. problem solved. Too bad this took again hours of work for the developers to make it, to fix it, to fix it again. etc etc etc etc $$$$$$ if our precious money is spent on this kind of crap, thank you very much community.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
08-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
Well anything and be unlearned but still doesnt have anything to do with most women are shaped different from men, yes i know that is shocking news but they are, there hips are wider and a few other differences, and to say a woman swaying her hips isnt natural is plain silly, to hint such, to me is insulting to women by saying this ur saying most women are just doing it to catch attention, and i think this is degrading of women, there is nothing wrong with the new walk, no need in makeing a moutain out of a molehill, and honestly how many people in gave actually even walk.
Trust me... It is not natural to that degree. We do not sway our hips unless we learn to do that. Large ladies waddling does not count btw.

Also, their point is correct that men can easily swing their hips just as well as we can. I have seen a few who are very good at it. See the link in my post above as a nice example.

Fact is: If you WATCH your average lady we do not walk so exaggeratedly. We walk... Normal. We only walk like that if A) We are trying to get attention, B) Have been trained to walk that way, or C) Are experiencing some body malformation or some pain that makes us prone to walk oddly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
08-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Just revert back to the original Walk animation, I had nothing to complain about it. Nobody else did. Except for 1% of the people. Now it are probably 75% of the people. Did you guys have Role playing problems with the pre-season4 animation or something???

Yeez. problem solved. Too bad this took again hours of work for the developers to make it, to fix it, to fix it again. etc etc etc etc $$$$$$ if our precious money is spent on this kind of crap, thank you very much community.
I agree. There was NOTHING wrong with the way it used to look. It was just your every day average walk. What is so horrible about THAT? I mean if you want this Catwalk Strut to be in the game then attach it to the "Seductive" Stance. That would make perfect sense and be fine. In the future maybe we could have different gaits depending on what stance we are in but that is a project for later.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
08-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
I agree. There was NOTHING wrong with the way it used to look. It was just your every day average walk. What is so horrible about THAT? I mean if you want this Catwalk Strut to be in the game then attach it to the "Seductive" Stance. That would make perfect sense and be fine. In the future maybe we could have different gaits depending on what stance we are in but that is a project for later.
It would be neat to see more animation options for avatars beyond their default waiting stance. Maybe Cryptic could allow female avatars to pick between the normal and 'sexy' walks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
08-15-2011, 08:27 PM
If this was an "improvement" I can't see it, honestly, it still isn't anywhere near what a professional Military officer would use. It still would be great to get more walks, and tie this to the stances where it would be appropriate.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
08-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_de_jour
It would be neat to see more animation options for avatars beyond their default waiting stance. Maybe Cryptic could allow female avatars to pick between the normal and 'sexy' walks.
I made a thread for this. It's linked in my sig. Could you all post your support for animation dropdown selectors? I would really appreciate it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:29 AM.