Lt. Commander
# 1 NCC-1701-E question
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have an idea what the E will be used for in canon? I personally did not like Abram's version of Star Trek, and now that CBS has said that E will be canon (I think they did atleast), would that mean that they are planning some sort of movie or TV show based in the Prime universe? I know the next ST movie with be Abram's sequel and highly doubt that E would be in the movie.

Edit: Yes, I meant F. Sorry!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-11-2011, 01:04 PM
I think you mean the F.

E was the last one in first contact, nemesis etc. We probably wont see that again on screen.

The F will be appearing in novels and obviously this game but its unknown if it will ever make it to tv. it may appear down the line on screen but i would not hold my breath.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOgden View Post
Does anyone have an idea what the E will be used for in canon? I personally did not like Abram's version of Star Trek, and now that CBS has said that E will be canon (I think they did atleast), would that mean that they are planning some sort of movie or TV show based in the Prime universe? I know the next ST movie with be Abram's sequel and highly doubt that E would be in the movie.
I sense someone mistakenly used the wrong letter, the E is the ship used in First Contact through Nemesis. You meant the F I suppose.

Edit: Revo is evil and must be punished now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Yes, yes, I meant F. It's been a long day for me.

I hope to see it in the Prime universe in the form of a movie and or TV show, you can't just make a canon Enterprise and only have it in game or novelized.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOgden View Post
Yes, yes, I meant F. It's been a long day for me.

I hope to see it in the Prime universe in the form of a movie and or TV show, you can't just make a canon Enterprise and only have it in game or novelized.
Unlikely to happen. They got the new movies going and wonīt divert consumer interest by a new show, especially after Enterprise didnīt do as well as could have.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Unlikely to happen. They got the new movies going and wonīt divert consumer interest by a new show, especially after Enterprise didnīt do as well as could have.
No entirely true, they might wait a couple more years after Enterprise has been forgotten.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
No entirely true, they might wait a couple more years after Enterprise has been forgotten.
You say that like it will be easy. Remember, Enterprise did have its share of hardcore fans. And admittedly, there are a couple bits of it I did like. Mainly the mirror universe episode, because the mirror Archer isn't a wide-eyed optimist - he's cold and calculating, and that's definately a good thing. (Plus it gave Vaughn Armstrong some more screentime after they killed off the prime universe's Forrest, and let's face it, he's a damn cool guy.)
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
Memories are long in the entertainment business. It regularly takes decades for a failure to be forgotton. Battlestar Galactica took twenty years to bounce back from Galactica 1980, and a lot of the things people dislike about movies today and blame casual moviegoers for are the result of Hollywood hamstringing itself for two generations over mistakes that nearly destroyed it in the 60's. A new Star Trek TV series is going to be a hard sell for a very long time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-11-2011, 07:53 PM
I think 4-10 more years aught to do the trick.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
The F will be appearing in novels [...]
Has this actually been stated anywhere? I find it unlikely that the current novel continuity would suddenly switch to a new Enterprise. The novel continuity is only up to 2382 so far anyway.