Lt. Commander
# 21
08-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOgden View Post
You bring up good points, are you certain it's just licensed? I probably assumed it was canon since CBS OK'd it.
CBS has to OK just about everything in STO, and all licensed works for that matter. It doesn't make them canon.

However, one dev did mention on either STOked or Priority One that the Enterprise-F contest was actually CBS's idea - they didn't just OK it, they asked for it. So that does elevate it above other Cryptic creations, but that still doesn't make it canon.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
Good luck getting a chance to talk to the CBS janitor, let alone a suit to pitch your story. Unless you can become a famous author/screenwriter overnight, you'll have better luck doing fan-flicks to present your Trek series to the world than getting CBS to invest in an unknown storyteller.
Its not the only thing I have that I am actually working on. So drop the assumption I have nothing else. Plus you forget 4-10 years is a long time. So drop the mule talk.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
Plus you forget 4-10 years is a long time.
Not really.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul
Not really.
It is if you think about it honestly. But that is just a semantic argument.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Quote:
No entirely true, they might wait a couple more years after Enterprise has been forgotten.
Then lets make shure history Never forget the name Enterprise
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Picard View Post
lol. Not the ship the crap show.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
lol. Not the ship the crap show.
It won't be. Like it or not, it's Trek canon. And like it or not, it has enough fans to make it last (hence why we have an NX in-game, plus Enterprise uniforms).
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul
It won't be. Like it or not, it's Trek canon. And like it or not, it has enough fans to make it last (hence why we have an NX in-game, plus Enterprise uniforms).
You do realize I meant viewers that watch TV. but oh well why argue about it. No point.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Its not the only thing I have that I am actually working on. So drop the assumption I have nothing else.
Congrats. Same thing still applies. I'm "working" on stuff as well, and it's about as easy as scaling a smooth steel wall in the rain to get up and over in order to get any sort of recognition, especially in a bad economy <--- y'know, the thing that makes people a bit scurrrd at investing in non-established artisans.

Quote:
So drop the mule talk
I'll say what I like. You have the choice to either read over my posts or ignore them, but you have no say in the matter with regards to what I choose to write.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
Congrats. Same thing still applies. I'm "working" on stuff as well, and it's about as easy as scaling a smooth steel wall in the rain to get up and over in order to get any sort of recognition, especially in a bad economy <--- y'know, the thing that makes people a bit scurrrd at investing in non-established artisans.

I'll say what I like. You have the choice to either read over my posts or ignore them, but you have no say in the matter with regards to what I choose to write.
Yeah sorry about that hot headed temper, But realistically you are quite right.