Lt. Commander
# 41
08-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
I have to admit I'm a little disappointed myself, but i'd like to think that while we wait, we get some decent previews to at least give us some reason to stick around.
I asked the following to Heretic in regards to the DOff system:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Mind showing us a preview of the current UI?
His response was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I will talk to Marketing and see what they'll allow.
In short: Don't count on any previews anytime soon. And after reading this months belated 'Ask Cryptic', don't count on any new content anytime soon either.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-11-2011, 08:08 PM
I will say this... I don't see this as any of the Dev's fault. They have truly tried to keep their heads above water and deliver stellar content.

I see this as a ridiculous mismanagment of priorities.... new company or no.
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Fleet action or featured episode??
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpeter83 View Post
Q: SporeLord Any word on how we might be able to earn the Odyssey class ship (Enterprise F) in-game?

A: Current plan is that it will be a mission reward for completing a TBA Fleet Action series.

Was that a typo and meant to say Feature Episode Series or did he really mean Fleet Action Series
Doh, yea, was hoping it would be a series of FEs myself or some combo of FEs / crafting / and some other mission tie ins.

At any rate, will move on and say the following before I log off the forums for the eve.

Will say thanks for touching base with us on what to expect and answering all those questions, it is appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-11-2011, 08:12 PM
More fluff, no substance as usual. It is becoming rather tiresome listening to that of Dan Stahl state the same thing over and over again.
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-11-2011, 08:14 PM
but what if i cant win at the fleet actions?!?! lol!!
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I have to agree. To put it simply, this is ridiculous. While I'm sure all those other things will be nice in their own way, they are not the same kind of mission content that this game sorely needs. Having a EIGHT MONTH gap between series 3 and series 4 is inexcusable. I hate to say that, but it really is. Its just beyond sad. For me, that pretty much ruins the entire article, and if I were a regular monthly subscriber I would definitely cancel my subscription after reading that.
Here it comes! Here comes content!.... Come Season 4 we'll all be swimming in new content!.......Oops! The content has been temporarily delayed, do to this that, and the other thing we can't talk about, But you just wait!, there's GREAT STUFF coming!...... Any time now, oh boy!, you're gonna go CRAZY!,...GREAT STUFF I TELL YA!....wait,.... no,..... there seems to be a little....The content should be here as soon as by the end of the year!.. Maybe!, but don't hold us to it..... Ohhh but what things are coming! Stay tuned it's gonna be GREAT!!!!! YOU'RE GONNA LLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE IT!

Wow, just wow, here I got all hopeful hearing the sale to Perfect World was finalized and all. Things are gonna get better I thought.
What do we get? After waiting and waiting and waiting to even get our questions answered?: OH BOY! YOU JUST WAIT, IT'S GONNA BE GREAT!....IT'S COMING!

Guys, I mean no disrespect here, but it's crunch time.
I mean, you could have had play with the devs days, or somethin. I read about all the fun people had with Dan, when Starfleet Academy went live, something like that. Some little fun even, thrown here and there to give us some extra incentive to log on. Start thinkin outside the box here,

I'm really very worried now. Something's definitely askew here.

I've already started to look elsewhere for entertainment, and that's without even knowing it!
My girl said to me the other day, Aren't you gonna go play your game? Even she's noticed more competition for the remote, more so than usual.

You know, for all the patience being asked of us, there should be something special, something really nice, as a special thank you to the customers who've stuck around despite all these delays in content/product. You must know we have other entertainment choices available to us. Soon, EVEN MORE.
That's what I would do, if it were up to me. Just sayin it would be a nice gesture.
Lt. Commander
# 48 Sad
08-11-2011, 08:16 PM
I am actually considering finding a new game to play (which I swore id never do). It seems like there really hasnt been anything to do for the last year on STO. While the weekly episodes are pretty and fun, they provide about 6 hours of gameplay at most and are so far and few between. I find myself these days just logging into esd for about ten minutes a day to listen to a few conversations and then log right back off.

As far as these dates are pushed out I wouldn't even take them with a grain of salt. I'd push them all back at least another 2 or 3 months past when listed if Cryptic has taught us one thing in the lifespan of this game.

Sorry if i'm ranting... I just really had such high hopes for this game
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
I asked the following to Heretic in regards to the DOff system:

His response was:

In short: Don't count on any previews anytime soon. And after reading this months belated 'Ask Cryptic', don't count on any new content anytime soon either.
Why not? What if they say yes?
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-11-2011, 08:21 PM
I have a follow up question to this:

Quote:
Lots of Bajoran assets will be Foundry enabled during the next DS9 themed feature episode series. Iíve also heard rumor of more Bajoran outfits.
Dan, are you aware that nothing from the FEs that your team creates has been added to the foundry? We are not getting anything that is said to be "tagged" for easy inclusion into the toolset. I just wonder here if you are assuming that because your team is working on it, then it will be included in the Foundry.

That hasn't happened at all. We are not getting updates. In fact, our ESD map is ancient, from before the ESD revamp. It's over 6 moths old and severely outdated.

I just want to make sure that you're aware of that. Just because your art team is making stuff and tagging it doesn't mean that it's being included in the toolset.