Lt. Commander
# 521
08-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garwain_Goodhue View Post
More. Of. The. Same. Tired. Promises.

I'm not going to say much as I'm just sick and tired of the corporate flim-flam you and your Fearless Leader have foisted upon us.

We were promised the ability to find strange new worlds, seek out new life and civilizations . . . we got a box with some data points.

Tedium. Pure Tedium.

The funny part of your time-line? The release of your new content probably coincides with the OPEN BETA of The Old Republic. And since Bioware's reputation is much stronger then your own, do you think you'll be able to keep the majority of your players here?

AuntKathy had it right. You have to overwhelm the playerbase with new content. So much that we can't see straight, and at all levels. Not technical upgrades. Playable, actionable, content.

You need to cancel all vacations and promise them later. You must get new missions and content into players hands yesterday.

There are some huge releases coming up, and just to keep your current player base, you've got to move your time tables up.

"Time is the crucible in which we burn . . . "

There is no Nexus in this world, Cryptic. You're outta time.

Todd J Wendt
Vice Admiral Tolan T. Grimm
USS Gettysburg
Well said, allot of you here have so many valid points and at the same time if we put hem all together we re all saying/asking the same thing.

MORE CONTENT

I hope I don't start a troll fest by asking this but would we be yelling more content if it took longer to get to VA?

Not trying to throw a monkey wrench into the conversation, just wondered if we would be screaming more content if getting to VA was more prestigious if it took longer to get to, over getting 5+ toons ( I still only have the 1 FED who is VA that I started with) to VA in less than month or two?

Then the end game not to mention the road getting there would be more open and have time to get more content out as we rank up even though we would have to grind it out like WoW, FFXI, and other MMOs.

Even during beta I wondered if we would be paying for beta testing for the next year or two, and it seems as if that still seems to be the case.

Again, good points from allot of people here and you have to give it to cryptic they do listen and get involved with the community but now I hope they act on what they are hearing.

LL&P

=/\=
Lt. Commander
# 522
08-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.STEEL
Well said, allot of you here have so many valid points and at the same time if we put hem all together we re all saying/asking the same thing.

MORE CONTENT

I hope I don't start a troll fest by asking this but would we be yelling more content if it took longer to get to VA?

Not trying to throw a monkey wrench into the conversation, just wondered if we would be screaming more content if getting to VA was more prestigious if it took longer to get to, over getting 5+ toons ( I still only have the 1 FED who is VA that I started with) to VA in less than month or two?

Then the end game not to mention the road getting there would be more open and have time to get more content out as we rank up even though we would have to grind it out like WoW, FFXI, and other MMOs.

Even during beta I wondered if we would be paying for beta testing for the next year or two, and it seems as if that still seems to be the case.

Again, good points from allot of people here and you have to give it to cryptic they do listen and get involved with the community but now I hope they act on what they are hearing.

LL&P

=/\=
No, that's exactly it. If we hadn't gotten to VA so quickly, the need for end game content wouldn't be a great. The game has TONS of content, a lot of great story driven missions. It was a real pleasure to level in this game the first or second time around. The problem is that once you get to VA, it ends. All you have left is emblem grinds, RP and PvP. And we all know how much pvp is lacking these days.
Lt. Commander
# 523 To BS or not to BS
08-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
No, that's exactly it. If we hadn't gotten to VA so quickly, the need for end game content wouldn't be a great. The game has TONS of content, a lot of great story driven missions. It was a real pleasure to level in this game the first or second time around. The problem is that once you get to VA, it ends. All you have left is emblem grinds, RP and PvP. And we all know how much pvp is lacking these days.
lacking is an understatement, The current content is blah. Majority of it is pew pew pew and not star trek. I have not seen any type of change but more words and more lies. There is no in depth story. there is no war. There is no real star trek experience in my view. There is more delays and more give us time with no sort of reinburstment to its players. All i see is give us another chance we promise we wont lie to you anymore and yet i dont even see that statement. Hell we dont even see an apology just its coming BS.

Time to show cryptic what happens when you treat people like cattle to milk, They Moooooooooooow on and leave cryptic BS behind.

This Vice admiral will retire. I am sure many Vice Admirals will retire as well due to this BS we are seeing.
Lt. Commander
# 524 Sighs
08-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Year and a half later and I'm still not heard
Lt. Commander
# 525
08-17-2011, 10:47 AM
I have to say that this latest Ask Cryptic is probably the most depressing and disappointing one yet. Things we were promised to come out already have been pushed back to the end of September/October? If we didn't already have such a long content drought it wouldn't be so bad. However, we have been waiting and waiting and waiting on the FE4 and DOff system for ages now. FE4 was promised to come out shortly after S4 went live, not like 2-3 months after. We were also told BY DAN that one of the episodes would coincide with the 45th anniversary. Guess that's not gonna happen, huh?

What the **** happened that you couldn't pump out some mission content outside of the remastered eps in that time? What were the mission writers doing during these months? Sitting on their thumbs doing nothing?

I have been a patient person, giving the devs the benefit of the doubt due to Atari cutting them loose and PW purchasing Cryptic, but this is ridiculous. I haven't logged in to STO since before Season Four launched, and that was to test the new features. The ground combat means nothing without something new to do it with.

The Borg invasion better blow our socks off or we'll see even blue names leaving for greener pastures (such as that other sci-fi MMO that shall not be named).

P.S. The least they could have done is work on remastering some of the Fed missions red-side.
Lt. Commander
# 526
08-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Sounds cool!
Lt. Commander
# 527
08-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
The Borg invasion better blow our socks off
This. Absolutley.

In a month that has consisted of 100% let downs with no highs to speak of, if this too is a let down... Well, the figures will speak for themselves. Perhaps in a language intelligible to the powers that be, since forum feedback doesn't seem to be that language.
Lt. Commander
# 528
08-25-2011, 09:35 PM
What are the new weapons FX??

Are the phasers, disruptors and torps gonna be like this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRFYOcT1WU

OMG...
Lt. Commander
# 529
08-26-2011, 10:57 AM
This game is turning into an epic flop.
Lt. Commander
# 530
08-26-2011, 12:42 PM
it just needed a new home and funding to generate the concepts put out with love and dedication .
These were explained at length on many fine pod cast interviews and CONS.

The change is gonna come just not as soon as originally schedule soon in a galaxy sector near you.

The Borg is just a taste of the icing on the STO S4 Cake..
Prosper as long as you live and live well
=========
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbn...ll%2flethe.jpg