Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
08-13-2011, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
Feds get given the Har'Pheng ... story continues ... Klingons cry foul ... story continues ... Klingons cry when are we going to get some ... story continues ... Feds cry when we get the carrier and universal BO slots ... story gets tiring ... scanning anomalies ... story continues ... Foundry offline ... Cryptic give craftable Har'Pheng to the KDF ... KDF all swop to B'rel + Har'Pheng frenzy starts ... Feds cry foul ... suddenly I get the feeling I've been here before ... [sigh]
"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please alll of the people some of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."

I will point out that there are a number of diehard KDF players that will never be truely and completely happy no matter what the programers and Devs do. It is best to ignore them.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Aye, and considering how hard it is to get the mats on a Klingon due to Bots camping the spot that GMs do nothing about, gonna take a while to get one for my Lt. Gen.
I farm a lot...just as an FYI...
All the map that you farm anomolies are set up the same, a cple on the Fed side have you coming in from a different side, but they still the same.
There are 12 spots that spawn data, 2 of then spawn more often, and all of them spawn in 2 minutes or less.
If you fly in circles around the area, skipping the ones that say "Explore unknown system" it really, really doesn't that long to gather data, its only a matter of a few hours of game time, not months.
I just don't get what all the complaining about "having to build crafting skill" is...I mean, you haven't tried crafting yet? Players can get some of the best gear at all levels that way and data drops all over...and you've never done it until now? Why not? It's been out for the Klingons for a while now...surely you haven't been ignoring the anomolies encountered?

*when I say "you" I mean the complaining players in general, not quoted poster*

Thank you Cryptic for giving us the Har'Peng torpedo....if I have to work a wee bit to get it, so be it.
Nothing is free....
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-13-2011, 06:03 AM
I've never crafted because my klingon toons were at max level when crafting was introduced to the game.
I don't have any low level stuff to make mats.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I've never crafted because my klingon toons were at max level when crafting was introduced to the game.
I don't have any low level stuff to make mats.
Well, then fly into one of the low level exploration areas and farm some...anyone can do that...you don't have to be low level to farm low level mats...I do it all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-13-2011, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
I farm a lot...just as an FYI...
All the map that you farm anomolies are set up the same, a cple on the Fed side have you coming in from a different side, but they still the same.
There are 12 spots that spawn data, 2 of then spawn more often, and all of them spawn in 2 minutes or less.
If you fly in circles around the area, skipping the ones that say "Explore unknown system" it really, really doesn't that long to gather data, its only a matter of a few hours of game time, not months.
I just don't get what all the complaining about "having to build crafting skill" is...I mean, you haven't tried crafting yet? Players can get some of the best gear at all levels that way and data drops all over...and you've never done it until now? Why not? It's been out for the Klingons for a while now...surely you haven't been ignoring the anomolies encountered?

*when I say "you" I mean the complaining players in general, not quoted poster*

Thank you Cryptic for giving us the Har'Peng torpedo....if I have to work a wee bit to get it, so be it.
Nothing is free....
I more then expected there to be people that had no problem, on all of their Klingons, to have to Craft the Hargh'peng. Meanwhile, on the Federation side, all a fed has to do, is not spend any Materials, or Money, and just run a mission that will actually GIVE THEM Money, and they get the Torpedo as well.

Yeah.. that's an Equal amount of worth..
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please alll of the people some of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."

I will point out that there are a number of diehard KDF players that will never be truely and completely happy no matter what the programers and Devs do. It is best to ignore them.
That's not really relevant to the criticism and feedback being given in this discussion.

The implementation here is bad. That's all. It's a poor decision.

Luckily it CAN be fixed. If the developers care to listen to the players.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-13-2011, 04:05 PM
When I Started this thread I was Happy that we got the peng( sorry have had a few beers and my spelling goes to sleep after 2 beers). I"m still happy about it. to get crafting supplies to lvl up your chars is easy. I use my fed. I also take unexplored areas, i don't do mission just get the anomalies. In 1.5 hours I can get 200 of each anomalies,a little less if I get to much wife Argo.

If they were not bind on pick up. the Exchange would be flooded with them,and feds would never have to do the mission. I do agree with the fact that we should have a mission as well, but for a short term fix this will do for me.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdo
In 1.5 hours I can get 200 of each anomalies,a little less if I get to much wife Argo.
In that same 1.5 hours, I can most likely outfit my entire federation ship with the multiple copies I need for a multi-peng build.

That's one of the real issues here. The time differential is not very fair. It's, as stated, poor implementation.

Quote:
If they were not bind on pick up. the Exchange would be flooded with them,
Most people offering solutions to the problem take that into account and that's why the solutions have all centered around keeping it klingon side, or account wide, or whatever. No one wants to flood the exchange. But players are unhappy that the time investment is clearly much less involved on the federation side.

It really starts to rankle when the development team consistently doesn't think through the details when making things on the KDF side.

I always get this horrible impression that the KDF is developed in the back of the office, in some half overrun cubical, on a TRS-80. And that's why things come out the way they do. The folks just don't want to get punished and assigned to the "klingon" computer.

Lt. Commander
# 29
08-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah, bind on pickup is pretty weak. Maybe thats just an oversight though, since making anything craftable bind on pickup is a pretty bizarre idea. I suspect because the fed mission item is bind on pickup thats why the KDF one is -- because they are probably the exact item.

The solution is to just make it BoE and not worry about it being tradeable, its so easy to get fedside that is not really worth making bind on pickup anyway. I've played with the thing and its nice, but I don't see whats so great about it honestly. Maybe not since hazard emitters clears the DoT anyway.

You know whats going to happen though, eventually the Devs will catch up and they'll assign an expensive skill (like 400 or 500 pts) to it and it'll become less common overnight. I haven't been using it at all in pvp though because it seems unsportsmanlike, and I'm the sort that doesn't enjoy a victory if its tainted by something like that.

Cheers
SD
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notanothersd View Post

. I haven't been using it at all in pvp though because it seems unsportsmanlike, and I'm the sort that doesn't enjoy a victory if its tainted by something like that.

Cheers
SD
Youaredoinitright