Lt. Commander
# 171
08-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Yep, enoy SWToRs Space Based PvP....oh wait...there won't be any.
Which just means there is much more potential for growth! :p

Maybe I don't even have to PvP in TOR because it will be so full of amazing content that I never get around killing a player character!

Okay, maybe not. But Ground PvP will probably be better, after all, there are lightsabers invovled.

Mustrum "LOLGround - The STO Space PvP Exile Guild" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 172
08-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Starwars space pvp is bound to better than STOs. Even in non existent form!

Their ground combat certainly is bound to be better than the UI Lag Infested Joke we have now on the ground. And given that this is Bioware and that means it will have at least something resembling a coherent plot and fun missions? Yeah I'm looking forward to it.

'Sides I keep hearing TOR's space combat is a place holder for the real deal when the time comes.
Lt. Commander
# 173
08-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo

Their ground combat certainly is bound to be better than the UI Lag Infested Joke we have now on the ground. And given that this is Bioware and that means it will have at least something resembling a coherent plot and fun missions? Yeah I'm looking forward to it.

'Sides I keep hearing TOR's space combat is a place holder for the real deal when the time comes.
Whats funny is that there is NO space pvp in TOR and the space flight is on rails also there is no more comments about changing that. That game will be a ground game they have already said that space wil be really for just getting from one palnet to the next.
Lt. Commander
# 174
08-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:

But from what I've seen of gameplay videos, Ground play is standing still and mashing abilities until the target is dead then moving on. No use of cover, no flanking, no tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 175
08-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
But from what I've seen of gameplay videos, Ground play is standing still and mashing abilities until the target is dead then moving on. No use of cover, no flanking, no tactics.
Kinda like STO Cruiser gameplay :p

Mash your EPtS/DEM and hold down 'A' or 'D' to constantly circle your opponent. Add in FAW if you want to use even fewer "tactics."
Lt. Commander
# 176
08-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
Even if that footage turns out to be final product it's still better than STO's, method of smash a button 4 times to get something to work once. :p
Lt. Commander
# 177
08-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Sisko View Post
ok devs seriously PVP is now truly a mess we have people running around with like 8 pengs and no other weapons on there ship it silly and i know this is not what you intended and now we find that the klinks using the brel can fire the peng cloaked ...........think about that for a sec ....yeah..... not to mention WHY would you release a torp with such a crazy cool down not to mention it can do hella damage and i dont even need to invest points in it ........really?? comon man fix the torp cause this is getting silly.
Thats not the only issue with the game they also need to limit the number of tractor mines that one can launch. That is the one of the reasons I quit playing PVP. I don't know about the torpedo but they do need to limit these type of items for both sides. What is the point of making others frustrated to the point where they stop playing part of the game. I dont have a problem with either weapon but people exploit the weapons to the point that it gets ridiculous. Case in point with the tractor mines I would get stuck because others would equip there cruiser with mines and let them all fire then leave the area. No one came and attacked me and that is kind of pointless. Its this kind of idiotic kind of play they need to put a stop to.
Lt. Commander
# 178
08-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffyace View Post
Thats not the only issue with the game they also need to limit the number of tractor mines that one can launch. That is the one of the reasons I quit playing PVP. I don't know about the torpedo but they do need to limit these type of items for both sides. What is the point of making others frustrated to the point where they stop playing part of the game. I dont have a problem with either weapon but people exploit the weapons to the point that it gets ridiculous. Case in point with the tractor mines I would get stuck because others would equip there cruiser with mines and let them all fire then leave the area. No one came and attacked me and that is kind of pointless. Its this kind of idiotic kind of play they need to put a stop to.
They make these items for PvE (without much regard to PvP balance) and then when they get balance passes, PvPers are suddenly bad guys.

They did, however, fix Tractor Mines. They have a lower strength than a normal tractor and are fairly easily avoided.
Lt. Commander
# 179
08-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffyace View Post
You can only launch 3 per launcher the next 3 launch the first 3 explode. If you do not have the launcher on auto fire the first 3 explode after a period of time.
Lt. Commander
# 180
08-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Even if that footage turns out to be final product it's still better than STO's, method of smash a button 4 times to get something to work once. :p
4 you are lucky. I tried to do an alpha the other night an I hit APA like 12 times before I was past the target.