Lt. Commander
# 181
08-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
4 you are lucky. I tried to do an alpha the other night an I hit APA like 12 times before I was past the target.
"Captain, are you sure you want to initiate Attack Pattern Alpha?"
"Sir, are you sure?"
"Captain, are you positive?"
"Captain, do you want to activate Alpha?"
"This is really what you want to do sir?"
"Absolutely positive, Captain?"
Helmsman: "Sir, we've passed the target. They are now behind us."
"Oh. Well in that case, let's make sure the captain wants to use Alpha."
Lt. Commander
# 182
08-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
4 you are lucky. I tried to do an alpha the other night an I hit APA like 12 times before I was past the target.
LOLOL @ Praxis.

Unfortunately this was on lolground, where you can't afford to have even 1 push delays...
Lt. Commander
# 183
08-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Or did you just forget to decloak? (Or did the UI forget it?)
Lt. Commander
# 184
08-17-2011, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
But from what I've seen of gameplay videos, Ground play is standing still and mashing abilities until the target is dead then moving on. No use of cover, no flanking, no tactics.
Not from what I've seen in the beta PvP videos, especially so if you're cover classes like IA and Smugglers.

People have to realize that there will always people who mindlessly zerg around in PvP no matter what game you're playing and they usually are devoid of tactics and thoughtfulness in action. It'd be a silly thing to take what the lowest common denominator is doing and assume that's all there is.

That'd be like looking at the average PvPer in STO and using that as assumption to say that there is no thought needed in STO PvP.

By the way for those of you who are planning to tank in SWTOR. There was a video of a Vanguard Trooper tank that tanked three players at the same time, mind you that these three players weren't exactly playing smart either, but this guy lasted long enough for another teammate to come in and together they blew up all three hostile players, including the guy who was FRAPSing.

For a guy like me who plans to be tanking in PvP, that's a load of reassurance, at least for this build of the beta.
Lt. Commander
# 185
08-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Not sure you what you mean with the EST server. I don't remember that the guild was associated with any time zones. (We're talking TOR, not SWG - you can make a guild, and even denote a suggested main time, but I don't think server-specifics can be set there yet, as no server exists that you could play on. Well, perhaps beta-testers can, but I am not one.)
I'm asking because you can current preform your guild in SWTOR right now. People have been doing so, as a matter of fact. You can also search for these preform guilds and get in. You'll have to define which time zone you want the guild to be preform under though, hence why I was asking about the time zone that the BRJ is planning to settle in.
Lt. Commander
# 186
08-17-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObieKenobi View Post
I'm asking because you can current preform your guild in SWTOR right now. People have been doing so, as a matter of fact. You can also search for these preform guilds and get in. You'll have to define which time zone you want the guild to be preform under though, hence why I was asking about the time zone that the BRJ is planning to settle in.
I don't remember what he set it at. (But he did create it.)
Lt. Commander
# 187 Well
08-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Yep, enoy SWToRs Space Based PvP....oh wait...there won't be any.
They aint that far behind cryptic's space base pvp are they now?
Lt. Commander
# 188
08-17-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Sisko View Post
ok devs seriously PVP is now truly a mess we have people running around with like 8 pengs and no other weapons on there ship it silly and i know this is not what you intended and now we find that the klinks using the brel can fire the peng cloaked ...........think about that for a sec ....yeah..... not to mention WHY would you release a torp with such a crazy cool down not to mention it can do hella damage and i dont even need to invest points in it ........really?? comon man fix the torp cause this is getting silly.
Klingons have always had superior war ships, and It's about time STO reflected it.
Lt. Commander
# 189
08-17-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Klingons have always had superior war ships, and It's about time STO reflected it.
In STO Klingon ships are certainly more tactical-oriented (slightly higher turn rates, ability to wield DHCs), but unfortunately they are generally outclassed by their Federation counterparts (the only exception being the Vor'cha and Assault Cruiser).
Lt. Commander
# 190
08-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Or did you just forget to decloak? (Or did the UI forget it?)
This, right here, is grinding my ****** gears. Either I'm getting real stupid all of a sudden, or my decloak keeps failing...meaning I end up ruining my alpha