Lt. Commander
# 41
08-12-2011, 01:10 AM
It would have been great if the Pengs would have been made available to both factions at the same time and as balanced weapon, but it happened otherwise. That isn ow getting to haunt the Federation for some time until the Torpedo is nerfed into uselesness
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Are this mission obtained ones for fed same way? And will firing cloaked work on galaxy x and defiant?
Even better put all my power to engines and stick two of these on a peregrine.
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro1
Are this mission obtained ones for fed same way? And will firing cloaked work on galaxy x and defiant?
Even better put all my power to engines and stick two of these on a peregrine.
Feds get it through Doomsday Device mission (Mk 2,4,6,8,10,11) and KDF can craft it (Mk 3,5,7,9,11) -- thus KDF will have easier time although inferior weapon until max level. Only the B'rel retrofit can fire torpedos while cloaked (that's part of its ability) so no, no Galaxy-X, Defiant, Raptor, Battle Cruiser, or any other Bird-of-Prey can fire them while cloaked.
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-12-2011, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
Feds get it through Doomsday Device mission (Mk 2,4,6,8,10,11) and KDF can craft it (Mk 3,5,7,9,11) -- thus KDF will have easier time although inferior weapon until max level. Only the B'rel retrofit can fire torpedos while cloaked (that's part of its ability) so no, no Galaxy-X, Defiant, Raptor, Battle Cruiser, or any other Bird-of-Prey can fire them while cloaked.
Still if a galaxy-x releases 4 of these plus a phaser lance upon decloak, that would hurt.
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Hargh'pengs are fine. Feds need to learn how to, you know, detect cloaked ships. But Oh noes! that means respeccing skills! It are too hard learning new taktiks. It's just *much* easier to scream "nerf!".

I mean, it worked for the B'Rel refit, right? Why learn how to deal with it or change up a beloved spec. Just cry about it until it's worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-12-2011, 01:32 AM
I heared some feddie PvEérs claim that you only have to equip hazard emitters to counter the Peng.

lol
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1restarter
I heared some feddie PvEérs claim that you only have to equip hazard emitters to counter the Peng.

lol
There ya go, adapt to win. Have you tested this?
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-12-2011, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Hargh'pengs are fine. Feds need to learn how to, you know, detect cloaked ships. But Oh noes! that means respeccing skills! It are too hard learning new taktiks. It's just *much* easier to scream "nerf!".

I mean, it worked for the B'Rel refit, right? Why learn how to deal with it or change up a beloved spec. Just cry about it until it's worthless.
Signed. I would never buy this ship even if Cryptic would buy it for me and the ship slots I miss.
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-12-2011, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
There ya go, adapt to win. Have you tested this?
Hazard Emitters:
  • Recharge: 45 Seconds
  • Global Cooldown: 30 seconds
  • System Cooldown: 15 seconds, Hazard Systems
That means you sacrifice 100 % of your science slots on most ships to gain a protection that has a 15 second gap, and you are basically wasting 15 seconds on a global cooldown.
In addition, Hazard Emitters does not clear all procs lasting on you, only ones that are curently affecting you when you activate it. This means every Hargh'Peng hitting you in the next 15 seconds will explode on your hull. (Which is up to 5 Hargh'Pengs possibly per enemy player.)

Protecting yourself against Hargh'Peng focusd teams does not protect you against tractor beams and does not allow you to equip a counter various debuffs (one of which can not only remove a running Hazard Emitter, but also extend the protection gap this way).

Also it's funny that the Hargh'Peng has a 100 % proc with a significant secondary AoE damage explosion, while the Plasma proc for an insignificant damage over time is only 2.5 %. And the plasma proc's damage doesn's even stack!

---

If only I had a KDF crafter... But congrats, my KDF friends. Peng them! To Victory!
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
Again.....must resist urge.....to...abuse......my .....B'rel-R's....innate ...sexiness....in combat.......