Lt. Commander
# 11
08-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJumper1
Where can I find out what graphics card I have? I would have listed it if I knew.

I can run the game at max settings with no lag. It's just when it comes to Sol and ESD. Even the new First City (being big and awesome) loads fast.
soory may have misspoked about the graphic card. I saw this in your post
Mobile Intel(r) 4 Series Express Chipset Family and thought it was the graphic card and did not see you was referring to the processor?

best to post a copy of your dxdiag report on your system

type dxdiag.exe in a run/command prompt and save all the information to a text file. either attach the file or copy and paste it over several posts
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Searcher
One Isolated System gets hung up and nothing else does??

Weird. Have you submitted a Bug Report when trying to load ESD, (SOL), system?

From your OP, am I reading correctly that you run Wireless?
Yes, only those 2 systems. Nope haven't submitted a bug report, was going to if this thread didn't end up helping. I run on a laptop, can play max settings only those 2 systems take awhile to load (SOL more so, ESD is just an inconvenience), my computer is connected directly to the modem via Ethernet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
soory may have misspoked about the graphic card. I saw this in your post
Mobile Intel(r) 4 Series Express Chipset Family and thought it was the graphic card and did not see you was referring to the processor?

best to post a copy of your dxdiag report on your system

type dxdiag.exe in a run/command prompt and save all the information to a text file. either attach the file or copy and paste it over several posts
Actually that is my graphics card, my processor is Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz.

I will edit my original post.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Here is my DxDiag.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-14-2011, 12:28 AM
After reading through your DXDiag, the first thing to stick out to me is you haven't updated your graphics drivers since 2/11/2011. Also, your card isn't supported by STO, it is under minimum spec.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-14-2011, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champion1701 View Post
After reading through your DXDiag, the first thing to stick out to me is you haven't updated your graphics drivers since 2/11/2011. Also, your card isn't supported by STO, it is under minimum spec.
The thing is, I have no idea where to update it, I'm on a HP and they don't seem to have one. still how does it being under minimum spec only affect one system in the whole game?

all I could find was the Intel(r) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver, I couldn't find an actual update for the card itself. Ok that seemed to have been the update I got an updated file now.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-14-2011, 01:26 AM
Here is the issue with ESD. They raised the cap to 75 players per instance to make it more social. The problems comes when trying to load into an area with 74 active "player ships". The system is trying to gather all that data for you and on some internet connections it slows down or stops. Run the tracert test and a nettest and have someone more qualified then me look at the results. It could tell you if your loosing data along the line from sto server to your computer and be affecting your ability to get in there.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-14-2011, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
Here is the issue with ESD. They raised the cap to 75 players per instance to make it more social. The problems comes when trying to load into an area with 74 active "player ships". The system is trying to gather all that data for you and on some internet connections it slows down or stops. Run the tracert test and a nettest and have someone more qualified then me look at the results. It could tell you if your loosing data along the line from sto server to your computer and be affecting your ability to get in there.
The ESD problem isn't as bad as it was before, it's SOL system, I think the problem might be because the SOL system is also way to full.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-14-2011, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJumper1
The ESD problem isn't as bad as it was before, it's SOL system, I think the problem might be because the SOL system is also way to full.
Well, I mean the same area and the same concept. 75 players in sol system and 75 on esd. That is alot to handle really. Run those tests and post them to see what happens.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-14-2011, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
Well, I mean the same area and the same concept. 75 players in sol system and 75 on esd. That is alot to handle really. Run those tests and post them to see what happens.
How would I go about performing those tests?

I edited one of my posts with an updated Dxdiag.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-14-2011, 01:47 AM
Nettest:
Go to http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
Download this file and run it
A command prompt should appear running the test automatically

For good connections, column 1 and 3 have values around 500 kb/sec (outgoing/incoming), column 2 has values around 20 kb/sec (transfer rate). If the values in these columns is less than what is expected you may have filtering or blocked ports either on your personal network or from your ISP

I'm trying to find the tracert info for you.