Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Pretty much the thread title. I bought the ship when it came out. A friend noticed this was down to 160 points (from 240 at its release) like the other ship costumes have been since they were released, probably happened with S4. Naturally I felt a little jipped but I imagine there's some clause that says "Cryptic have the right to reduce or increase the pricing structure of digital items etc. also we own your soul etc." so I'm not angry about it. It's a common thing among all businesses, I get that.

What I was wondering is why the change? An on set from the new masters or perhaps it wasn't tuned back up in a recent sale? Maybe someone in marketing realised? It'd be cool to get something about it or just some discussion going! I know it's minor with the "content drought" and the KDF and so on but your thoughts are cool.

Also, I'd personally like to see some value added to it for those who did purchase the more expensive version. Maybe a second nacelle option, moving the pylon attachment hard-point further along the nacelle (the nacelles are cool but I don't like the position) or maybe backward rather than forward sweeping pylons? Of course that could be packaged with the current price. Any other ideas?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-12-2011, 04:39 AM
There won't be any bonusses for the early buyers. Example: In-game Danube Runabout EC price reduction.

Consider it an "eternal sale", i.e. bad luck for those who bought it too early/late. (I also bought the Imperial when it came out but got the Galaxy-X with the 50% sale - just be there at the right time, that's all).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-12-2011, 06:04 AM
A company that values customer service, and its customers, would offer some sort of something after doing a change of that nature.

This company, however, may not be a company like that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-12-2011, 11:21 AM
O please people when I am not complaining that my white PAX from Ikea is now 10 euros cheaper than when I brought it 3 months ago, these things happen nothing special in any way and no need for a refund.

(minor note, new white PAX=bad thrust me I know)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
O please people when I am not complaining that my white PAX from Ikea is now 10 euros cheaper than when I brought it 3 months ago, these things happen nothing special in any way and no need for a refund.

(minor note, new white PAX=bad thrust me I know)
This is along the lines of the way I was thinking: stuff is more expensive when it's first available than it is later. If I bought a new Mercedes today, should I complain that Mercedes is selling the same car for less than what I paid for it a year later?

Sorry, the world and economics doesn't work that way. If you bought it for more when it first came out, you bought it for more when it first came out. Everyone who REALLY wanted to fly around in a different looking ship got to. As time went on, and less people bought it, the price dropped as an incentive for those who previously couldn't afford it/were on the fence to go ahead and get it: beats not selling it. Those it bought it earlier got just that: the ship/costume/whatever earlier.

Sorry, but if you're actually upset about this and think it's some eeeeeeevil plot by Cryptic, then you don't understand capitalism. Again, it's like a car: you can buy it now for more and have it NOW, or you can wait a year to pay less, but go a year with your old one.

And no, Superchum, no company would EVER offer anything like that. Cause they're companies, it goes against their very existence to start passing money back out cause later they lowered the prices. Sorry.




Only, ONLY way a person might have an arguement is if a day or two before the price dropped they bought the C-Store item. Even then, it'd be up to Cryptic (or any company, for that matter) whether or not they wished to be polite to those who would've saved if they'd just waited a day (with no way of knowing that's all they had to do!), and if so where to cut off the line of "you were close enough" and "sorry, you had it long enough".

Just 80 points difference. That is, literally, one dollar. One dollar less for a cosmetic appearance that you got to have potentially long before anyone else spent one dollar less for the same cosmetic appearance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-12-2011, 07:16 PM
An item you buy in the real world degrades in value because the items themselves degrade. They are used. There is wear and tear. Or newer things replace them.

A virtual item?

Not really the same thing. The Imperial Skin is 100% exactly the same now as it was when it launched.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
An item you buy in the real world degrades in value because the items themselves degrade. They are used. There is wear and tear. Or newer things replace them.

A virtual item?

Not really the same thing. The Imperial Skin is 100% exactly the same now as it was when it launched.
Actually they do degrade in some form due not being the new thing, something new and fresh is nearly always worth more than something old even if it is exactly the same.

I mean the game which has actually improved you can buy for a fiver these days, add a few more and you get a deluxe edition, when I brought the game it was a whole lot more expensive and I got actually LESS for it. So your argument there is not valid sadly.

So if what you say is true I would need to get like 200 euro back from the cryptic because my game is worth less now and the 80 cents you lot complain about. Seriously give up you won't ever get it because these things happen and will continue to happen over time and if you really have such an issue with an item loosing 80 cents of its value, than don't buy anything in the first place you will always life in a disappointment.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-13-2011, 02:52 AM
it was reduced in price because the warehouse was just full of unsold imperial class ship skins lying around

The only reason it was more expensive than the other skins at the time was because, ent-e=sovvy=most popular ship at time=charge most for its costume
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-13-2011, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
Actually they do degrade in some form due not being the new thing, something new and fresh is nearly always worth more than something old even if it is exactly the same.
It still IS the new thing. There's no other assault cruiser that's newer than the Imperial right now. The Odyssey may eventually be newer, but that's not a skin.
The Nomad might be newer. But the Imperial is newer than the Avenger, Vanguard AND Emissary cruisers.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikonov
The only reason it was more expensive than the other skins at the time was because, ent-e=sovvy=most popular ship at time=charge most for its costume
The Sovereign and the Imperial are two different classes of ship. Just like the Noble and the Majestic are not Sovereigns either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
...

The Nomad might be newer. But the Imperial is newer than the Avenger, Vanguard AND Emissary cruisers...
Indeed. The Imperial was the first skin to be released (as I remember anyway) and yet it was the only one released at 240 while others were released at the 160 mark. So it was never "balanced" price wise to the others.

FYI, I'm not complaining about it. Prices change from devaluation and demand. Hell maybe something will go up? It's more curiosity for me. Still, keep the discussion rolling!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:59 AM.