Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
08-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO-OptimusPrime View Post
Bah its just wording, I'm more interested in the "who" then what term he goes by.

I nominate Picard to leave his post as Ambass. of Vulcan and take his place as the headmaster superintendent of SFA!
While I agree it's "just" wording, the fact is they make a LOT of these kinds of little mistakes, which adds up to a big problem.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogobstopper
No, it's not "arguably canon." It was a licensed work, so its contents were approved by the license holders, just as the license holders approved STO's decision to tie-in to the possible timeline presented in Countdown. Whether something is or is not canon is a decision only the license holder can make, and neither CBS Studios nor Paramount has said that the events of Countdown are canon.

Also, in May 2009, Roberto Orci (not "Michael") said that the comic is not canon. No official status from license holder + history of licensed work not being canon + conflicting statements from those involved in production of movie & comic storyline = not canon.
Canon is NOT anything the license holder has allowed, nor even everything they SAY it is. Canon is EXCLUSIVELY those events and premises that have appeared in the actual shows and films. If it didn't appear there, it's not canon.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Canon is NOT anything the license holder has allowed, nor even everything they SAY it is. Canon is EXCLUSIVELY those events and premises that have appeared in the actual shows and films. If it didn't appear there, it's not canon.
That's right. Except we all know Boba Fett survived the sarlacc.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-19-2011, 08:02 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. A friend of mine and the guys he'd bring home with him over vacations went to a military academy, and they called their head guy the headmaster. Even though his official title was commandant. Why the called him that I don't know.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-19-2011, 08:42 AM
If we're talking about a canon character taking the top spot at SFA, my vote would have to be Tuvok.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-21-2011, 11:40 PM
In the VOY Finale wasn't Admiral Janeway the head of SFA?
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-22-2011, 12:39 PM
No, she was just an instructor. Actually, it's hard to even call her that, because she left on her little time travel excursion just as her first semester teaching at the Academy started.