Lt. Commander
So, I'm working on a Foundry mission and thinking that it would be useful in many, many ways if I could find out my current coordinates on the map while running in preview mode.

I knew that a previous Cryptic game had a slash command to do just that. So I looked for it in the command list, and lo -- there it was. But to my disappointment, it does not work in STO.

Why?

Is there any possibility we could actually get it enabled sometime? Or some working version of it in STO?

I would like to use this capability in-game to set up geocaching-type missions where objects can be found by checking location coordinates rather than scanning for them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-12-2011, 08:36 AM
The /loc command worked a few days ago. I submitted bug reports about buried anomalies and used /loc to give their exact positions on the map. Maybe last nights patch broke it?

Z
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
The /loc command worked a few days ago. I submitted bug reports about buried anomalies and used /loc to give their exact positions on the map. Maybe last nights patch broke it?

Z
Interesting. Or maybe it doesn't work in preview mode?
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Interesting. Or maybe it doesn't work in preview mode?
Have you ever used it in the Foundry before? Maybe it doesn't work at all there. I've never messed around with the Foundry, so I'm just guessing.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
Have you ever used it in the Foundry before? Maybe it doesn't work at all there. I've never messed around with the Foundry, so I'm just guessing.

Z
Nope, never tried it before at all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-12-2011, 11:22 AM
for a long time it was messed up, especially when it comes to accurate y values. I haven't checked it in ages.