Lt. Commander
# 1 Hate Comments
08-11-2011, 01:22 AM
Why do people always put hate comments that make the person feel down. I make missions and get hate comments. I don't care I kinda make them for myself so I can play them with my characters. I am getting tired of people saying things like some idiot posted "someone put a lot of time and effort in to this mission to have it make no sense". I have had all my friends play and they understand it. It really annoys me that people can comment on them. Right now the foundry is the only thing keeping me playing otherwise I don't since there is hardly anything new. So I am entitled to my opinion on the foundry, game and its players.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-11-2011, 01:28 AM
At least I put an effort to try and make missions unlike these haters!
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-11-2011, 01:28 AM
And why you care if it for yourslef and dont care ? O_O
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-11-2011, 01:29 AM
if someone says something unkind then report them.
Lt. Commander
# 5 It is the way of things...
08-11-2011, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralweiler1701
Why do people always put hate comments that make the person feel down.

I make missions and get hate comments.

I don't care I kinda make them for myself so I can play them with my characters. I am getting tired of people saying things like some idiot posted "someone put a lot of time and effort in to this mission to have it make no sense".

I have had all my friends play and they understand it. It really annoys me that people can comment on them. Right now the foundry is the only thing keeping me playing otherwise I don't since there is hardly anything new.

So I am entitled to my opinion on the foundry, game and its players.
It is the way of things...

I write my stories intentionally so it is difficult to figure out. So when people send me comments that it is to difficult, then I get a great joy knowing it seemed easy for me. I study Psychology and Anthropology as a scholar. So, I write all my stories from that perspective.

You will always have critics in anything you do. As long as you enjoy what you are doing and your player group enjoys what you write, then that is all that should matter. I have seen many people criticize things I have done, and then when I go look at their missions they "borrow' ideas out of the stories they were critical of.

Also, I make it a point to go find the stories from people who are hyper-critical and see what they have produced. However, I find if you give out more 5 and 4 stars in your review of others, then those folks will come look at your stories in a better light.

The only real concept in your statement that troubles me is this one:

Quote:
So I am entitled to my opinion on the foundry, game and its players.
If you prescribe to this opinion in your discourse analysis, then you must be willing to accept equally other peoples 'entitlement' to their opinions on the method they use to prescribe thier discourse analysis.

Prescribe means to "lay down, in writing or otherwise, as a rule or a course of action to be followed; appoint, ordain, or enjoin.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra

If you prescribe to this opinion in your discourse analysis, then you must be willing to accept equally other peoples 'entitlement' to their opinions on the method they use to prescribe thier discourse analysis.

Prescribe means to "lay down, in writing or otherwise, as a rule or a course of action to be followed; appoint, ordain, or enjoin.

Thank you.

On thine honor, good sir, I would have words with thee. Thine text is heavy with purple prose, and thou dost surely portray a sense of literary superiority. Verily, good sir, thou hast impressed me with thine scholarly mastery.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-11-2011, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralweiler1701
Why do people always put hate comments that make the person feel down. I make missions and get hate comments. I don't care I kinda make them for myself so I can play them with my characters. I am getting tired of people saying things like some idiot posted "someone put a lot of time and effort in to this mission to have it make no sense". I have had all my friends play and they understand it. It really annoys me that people can comment on them. Right now the foundry is the only thing keeping me playing otherwise I don't since there is hardly anything new. So I am entitled to my opinion on the foundry, game and its players.
I'm not sure how the above mentioned statement you received would constitute hate speech. It cones across as an opinion or at worst a criticism.

That is a problem today. If some criticizes your work or opinions it must be hate speech.

I'm sure this comment will receive the same label.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Precisely.

Authors must have thick skins. If you are trying to please everyone, you will always be disappointed. Just ask Cryptic.

I think I remember a quote from someone that said one criteria of art is that it must offend someone.

Else it's kitch.

Think it was my studio art professor.

Of course he never got published, so...