Lt. Commander
We have temporarily disabled The Foundry on Holodeck. Thank you for your patience! ~The Star Trek Online Team
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Sadly necessary, it would seem.

But I seriously hope it isn't down for long.

Or if it is, it sure would be nice if it got a big list of new assets when it came back up, at least, like more recent costume and map additions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Annoyed but it's for the best, please get it back as soon as you can
*Sends cookies, as well as Hot chocolate*
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-12-2011, 12:04 PM
At least you didn't disable the editor and leave up the bugged missions. Players will scream at you, but it's nicer to authors.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-12-2011, 12:45 PM
probably for the best.

i hope they can fix this quickly, and we can see an end to the show stopping bugs in the foundry. this cant continue.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Grrr.... this sucks. But at least I have to give it to cryptic. Thank you guys for actually continuing to work on your game as much as you have. The bugs are annoying, but at least someone's there to fix them. (Bows to cryptic) You guys rock.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Oddly, I was just able to log into the editor. It crashed as soon as I clicked on a map name in the editor (not even trying to preview, just clicking on the map name).

Sorry for being naughty! I won't try that again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
We have temporarily disabled The Foundry on Holodeck. Thank you for your patience! ~The Star Trek Online Team
No need to thank me, because unfortunately I do not have any more patience after 6 months since the last featured episode and 2 more to go until the next

Seriously, despite the Devs saying it wouldnt be, the reality is the Foundry has been the only source of new mission content to this game for a very long time. Having it down is simply unacceptable. This is what happens when you have the Foundry turned off almost the entire time your testing S4 on Tribble; it doesnt get thoroughly tested and bugs like this make it live.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
No need to thank me, because unfortunately I do not have any more patience after 6 months since the last featured episode and 2 more to go until the next

Seriously, the Foundry is the only source of new content to this game right now. Having it down is simply unacceptable. This is what happens when you have the Foundry turned off the entire time your testing S4 on Tribble; it doesnt get tested and bugs like this make it live.
As for the lack of content, I think that can be atributed entirely to Atari.

Something similar happened over at Turbine studios with their Dungeons and Dragons Online game.

For almost a year hardly anything new was added to the game. There was a severe lack of information from official sources, a lot of "vast and mysterious" answers were all the playerbase got when inquiring about what was happening and what the future would hold.

Well, lo and behold, Turbine was in a dual process of converting DDO over to a Free to Play model as well as negotiating a new deal to rid themselves of Atari as much as they could. Apparently the lack of content stemmed directly from this - most dev work was going into the conversion process.

In the end it worked brilliantly, they got out from under their Atari oppression and most importantly saw an increase in playership (and initial revenue) of TEN FOLD. The reason there was a huge lack of communictaion is because all the parties involved were bound by non-disclosure agreements at the time.

Was something like this happening with the whole Cryptic, Atari, and Perfect World change? Hard to say, but the similarities are there.

Be thankful that STO has a Foundry at all. Poor DDO had nothing new to play for almost a year.....
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-12-2011, 01:30 PM
All this just as i start getting interested in the foundry. Don't know why i'm bothering to be honest.

Here's me DESPERATELY trying to keep my friends subbed by attempting to create some personalized mission content for them and almost the whole time i've been trying it's been so heavily bugged that it's either taken down or unusable.

I'm with Nagus on this one, no need to thank me. I think i'll just cut my losses and apologise to the friends i've gotten into STO so far and hope they forgive me.