Lt. Commander
If STO does go F2P, hell I want a refund for the almost 1 1/2 years subcriptions I've been paying. As for the state of the Foundry, I would prefer they take it offline, pimp it and not just fix the bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-13-2011, 04:33 AM
I hate to burst the f2p doomsayers bubble, but f2p is at least a year off, if it ever happens. PW's other American subsidiary's MMO is p2p and PW has no intentions interfereing with that model. PW will not interfere with Cryptic's model until they do their research, which will take at least six months.

Content QQer's need to simmer. Can you build a house with just 2 people? Then try running an MMO with the amount they work with. I'd say with the man power they have we've been lucky with what we have gotten.

Foundry people, you're the worst QQer's and nerdragers of them all. Should've, could've, would've, is all this complaining helping get the foundry fixed any faster? Give these guys a break, they can't please everyone. Content people want everyone to work on their side of STO, and you want everyone to fix the foundry. You can't have your cake and eat it too, people.

Cryptic, I for one thank you for all your work and dedication. Especially considering with what you have to work with. Heck, if I were you I'd ignore the forums for a month and do what you have to do. Only a handful of us here are truly greatful for what you have done.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
get it approved by CBS
And right here is the biggest stopper in getting content out for this game I feel.

Anytime you have a third party involved the red tape bullcrap you have to go through really slows things down.

If not for CBS you would probably have alot more content getting put out.

The reason other MMO's get content out faster is they do not have a third party they have to get approval from to add anything to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
We have temporarily disabled The Foundry on Holodeck. Thank you for your patience! ~The Star Trek Online Team
Thats the biggest "No sh*t" statement of the summer. You've made this same cut and paste announcement for the past 3 months. I don't remember you telling us that the Foundry has ever been enabled.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sir
Thats the biggest "No sh*t" statement of the summer. You've made this same cut and paste announcement for the past 3 months. I don't remember you telling us that the Foundry has ever been enabled.
Have a look around :p
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The house(Star Trek Online) is already built. It has been built since launch, February 2010.

*snip*
You must be joking? The game was just a foundation when it launched, not a house. A foundation full of cracks that were crawling with bugs. After Season 4, it has even more bugs crawling around in it.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Look around at what? The foundry disabled remember.
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sir
You blinked and you missed it. It was up for a few days and I was able to make some modifications to a Foundry Mission that I had on the back-burner since May. It's almost complete, I wanted to run through the mission before publishing but the Foundry was taken off before I got the chance. :p

Anyhoo, I'm also hoping for new maps and stuff (Like all three Lackey/Paulson Nebula locations, not just the Dilithium Mine and the Klingon Listening Post)
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-14-2011, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Hunter View Post

Both Starfleet Academy and First City are going to be major hubs for upcoming content (and as starting points for the HUGE influx of Free to Play players coming in October more than likely).
That right there:
That's what the little voice in my head's been saying too. I dared not say it, so thanks for having the stones to do it for me.
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-14-2011, 03:53 AM
Highly doubt F2P was discussed at all during the sale of cryptic from Atari to PW. That being said, STO still makes cash with this system and I doubt I for one would pay for upgrades in a F2P game. Both p2p and F2p average out to 15 dollars a month anyway. So, why drastically change your management style when p2p is working just fine.