Lt. Commander
# 41
08-14-2011, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
Highly doubt F2P was discussed at all during the sale of cryptic from Atari to PW. That being said, STO still makes cash with this system and I doubt I for one would pay for upgrades in a F2P game. Both p2p and F2p average out to 15 dollars a month anyway. So, why drastically change your management style when p2p is working just fine.
Yeah, but they went f2p with Champions. How's that been workin out?
Is that doing well? Anyone know?

I'm still getting emails about new stuff being added on that end. They seem to be getting new stuff at a good clip.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VengefulDjinn
Yeah, but they went f2p with Champions. How's that been workin out?
Is that doing well? Anyone know?

I'm still getting emails about new stuff being added on that end. They seem to be getting new stuff at a good clip.
Well after a couple of more months when CoX goes F2P I doubt Champions will even exist. Or at least it will be an even bigger ghosttown. My wife plays CoX and we buy her a years sub at a time and that game is allways populated an they are allways adding new content. I personally never liked Champions ever since I p[layed it in beta and still cannot bring myself to play it even though it is F2P. But I will defanitly play CoX when it goes F2P in about another month. My wife has the F2P beta acess and the game is pretty sweet compaired to the regular P2P version unlike Champions that to me anyway just got worst after F2P.

Oh and I cannot wait till the Foundry is back up. I just hope that they acually fix the bugs especially since they are hiring more devs. I really hope with the new hires they can create acual teams for each part of the game instead having to most likely have everyone just work on specific projects at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
I hate to burst the f2p doomsayers bubble, but f2p is at least a year off, if it ever happens. PW's other American subsidiary's MMO is p2p and PW has no intentions interfereing with that model. PW will not interfere with Cryptic's model until they do their research, which will take at least six months.

Content QQer's need to simmer. Can you build a house with just 2 people? Then try running an MMO with the amount they work with. I'd say with the man power they have we've been lucky with what we have gotten.

Foundry people, you're the worst QQer's and nerdragers of them all. Should've, could've, would've, is all this complaining helping get the foundry fixed any faster? Give these guys a break, they can't please everyone. Content people want everyone to work on their side of STO, and you want everyone to fix the foundry. You can't have your cake and eat it too, people.
If you think people whining and complaining isnt helping, then what purpose do you think all of your whining and complaining about other people whining and complaining is going to serve?