Lt. Commander
# 111
08-18-2011, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
I'm not disagreeing the screenies were taken with the new cannons. I am guessing since they were a dev post that the screenies came off of red-shirt or another internal testing shard. Not Tribble. The tribble note said something like "small change to cannon effects". Didn't say "Defiant players come get the new hotness!"

I use 2 Phaser DHC and one antiproton DHC cannon upfront and three phaser turrets in the back. ALl I can tell that is different is the cannon shots are smaller.
I was on Tribble last night, and these weapon effects were there. I played with them through the dailies.
Lt. Commander
# 112
08-18-2011, 08:52 AM
OK, I may be wrong.

I didn't see any quad cannon bursts, thou.
Lt. Commander
# 113
08-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Try the DHC, the slower rate of fire lets it show up a little easier.

Also as a side note, AP DHCs look amazing as well. It's a more articulate and refined graphic over all. The APs however seem like they string along because of the white swirl in the middle. Very cool looking.
Lt. Commander
# 114
08-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Try the DHC, the slower rate of fire lets it show up a little easier.

Also as a side note, AP DHCs look amazing as well. It's a more articulate and refined graphic over all. The APs however seem like they string along because of the white swirl in the middle. Very cool looking.
I roll with 3 DHC up front and still don't see it. 2 of which are Phaser DHC. I'm not seeing it but it doesn't really matter to me.

If you are seeing it, how bout you do some screenies so we can compare to the dev posted ones?
Lt. Commander
# 115
08-18-2011, 09:30 AM
I was on tribble last night and the effect is there. It was a little underwhelming with DHC but zoomed in enough they were clearly quads. I want to see what dual cannons look like later today.
Lt. Commander
# 116
08-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
I roll with 3 DHC up front and still don't see it. 2 of which are Phaser DHC. I'm not seeing it but it doesn't really matter to me.

If you are seeing it, how bout you do some screenies so we can compare to the dev posted ones?
When I'm not at work I'd be happy to.
Lt. Commander
# 117
08-18-2011, 03:28 PM
I need to apologize because I apparently suck at trying to get a screen capture. Anyway, i took all the weapons off my ride except for one DHC Phaser and I only got two glowie cannon shots per fire.

Here is the (terrible) screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/828/dhcphaser.jpg/

you can see the two glowies upper right about to hit the romulan shields.

This was taken today on the current tribble build. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not seeing the quad effect. I wonder if you are seeing multiple cannons firing in quick succession and thinking that is the quad effect...?
Lt. Commander
# 118
08-18-2011, 03:33 PM
hm. maybe? it looked like a quad effect. I'll take a look shortly and see whats up. I'll go for a bow on picture.
Lt. Commander
# 119
08-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Ok, so I went and paid close attention to the firing animations. The bolts look proper, but their emitter placement isn't quite right. I think this might be a phase of getting the ship to canon standards, and not the finish product.
Lt. Commander
# 120
08-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Ok, so I went and paid close attention to the firing animations. The bolts look proper, but their emitter placement isn't quite right. I think this might be a phase of getting the ship to canon standards, and not the finish product.
Which would explain why the phaser cannon effect is so much smaller now then it was. I like it.