Lt. Commander
# 21
08-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Daddy likes. Daddy wants.

So you are assuming then that the cannons do more damage than all of the other cannons already in game? Why?
Rhode Island Syndrome.

I hope it's just cosmetic, because I want to kick *** with style and without monetary aids.
I could live with it only dealing DC level of damage, though.

***) donkey
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Rhode Island Syndrome.

I hope it's just cosmetic, because I want to kick *** with style and without monetary aids.
I could live with it only dealing DC level of damage, though.

***) donkey
Yeah. I don't see why it would be a console item. Defiant-R already has its cloak so we don't need to throw it a bone with a class-specific shiny. I'd be fine if it was totally cosmetic and did the exact same damage as the already in-game cannons. I just think it looks cool.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Quote:
So you are assuming then that the cannons do more damage than all of the other cannons already in game? Why?
Hoo.. yes, because with the last tendency its hard to assume that ┐right? They would never do that.. ┐right?
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Yeah. I don't see why it would be a console item. Defiant-R already has its cloak so we don't need to throw it a bone with a class-specific shiny. I'd be fine if it was totally cosmetic and did the exact same damage as the already in-game cannons. I just think it looks cool.
Actually, the Devs said that not all the new items will be consoles. It doesn't make sense for all of them, and if Quad Phaser Cannons are part of it, I see an excellent example.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Hoo.. yes, because with the last tendency its hard to assume that ┐right? They would never do that.. ┐right?
Well, you just go ahead and preemptively whine if it makes you feel better, then.

I'll go the adult route and wait to complain about the cannons until I know if there is something to actually complain about.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Well, you just go ahead and preemptively whine if it makes you feel better, then.

I'll go the adult route and wait to complain about the cannons until I know if there is something to actually complain about.
Dont worrie, i have too mach things to whine right now.. for the moment keep your "i win button" dream active, for the moment, i tell you this BRB...
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-12-2011, 03:13 PM

nice!

i just hope that this is the *new default* look and not some crazy special power stuff that you can trigger only once every 3 minutes for 15 seconds or whatever
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-12-2011, 03:13 PM
I sincerely do not hope this affects the Defiant for PvPing, meaning they will screw around with consoles, nerf the hull to some kind of Quad cannon Ability. Or at least make a V2 or something so we can choose.

I like the new effect, and i hope this can be used on any weapontype dual cannon or something. But i dont want to be forced to use Quantum torpedos now or something.

And since we are at it, cryptic, can you update the material 3 or 4 (the dark one) to remove the Black parts on the skin? No ship has it but only the Defiant with the last material... Its kinda ugly

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Dont worrie, i have too mach things to whine right now.. for the moment keep your "i win button" dream active, for the moment, i tell you this BRB...
Wow...you must be confused from all the whining.

I said I would like it if the new phaser cannons do the exact same damage as the current ones - I just want the new firing effect. How does that translate to me having an "I win button" dream?

Something new doing the exact same damage as the current in-game item equals "I win button"?

riiiggghhhttttt.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-12-2011, 03:15 PM
If this becomes an alternative in the same damage class as dual heavy cannons, I'll be very happy, and be wanting them for my other ships as well, not just the Defiant. Looks cool