Lt. Commander
# 41
08-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
I wonder if they will be a console that gives us the ability to fire quad cannons for crazy major damage (like spinal lance) every so often? 'cos in DS9 if the Defiant did anything with the cannons, after those pulses were fired whatever was on the other end was space debris.

I also hope DS9 gets an Earth Space dock 2.0 style overhaul alongside.
Actually, the Defiant took on an Excelsior-class during the Dominion war, and the Excelsior class held its own. So the cannons are powerful, but definitely not one-shotters.

Also, nice screenies dev

Though it would be cool to see an option to have it fire in the same pulses as the show...three quick rapidfire shots, with a brief pause and three more.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-12-2011, 05:55 PM
a heavily upgraded excelsior class :p

in all honesty though, i love the look of the phasers, and hope we get to see a redone interior too with bridge, engine room and something approaching cramped corridors. the defiant would strike me as being the biggest test the devs might face interior wise, given that it's supposed to be quite cramped.
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Looks good, do you have any new interior shots I here from rumours ? Also how about dual torp shots to complete the new phaser cannon dual dual look ?
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
a heavily upgraded excelsior class :p

in all honesty though, i love the look of the phasers, and hope we get to see a redone interior too with bridge, engine room and something approaching cramped corridors. the defiant would strike me as being the biggest test the devs might face interior wise, given that it's supposed to be quite cramped.
I guess you haven\t seen the interior of your shuttle yet, that's small and cramped ?
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treksplorer
Actually, the Defiant took on an Excelsior-class during the Dominion war, and the Excelsior class held its own. So the cannons are powerful, but definitely not one-shotters.
Not that this hasn't been said before, but....

Know why one ship is more/less/equally as powerful as any other ship in any episode of Star Trek?

Engineers? No.
Better Tech? No.
Newer Design? No.

Because the writers wrote it that way? Bingo.

And do you know why that Excelsior class ship was in that fight? Because the model was handy.

I'm not saying your assumption is wrong, I'm just saying you can't judge how good/bad a pretend space ship is against another pretend space ship when one of the pretend ships in question is basically a recurring character on an ongoing series.

If the DS9 writers had written an episode where the Defiant had been crushed by a pb&j sandwich, would you be ok with your t5 retro being pwned by flying white bread?
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueamdgamer View Post
I guess you haven\t seen the interior of your shuttle yet, that's small and cramped ?
it is, but we're talking about actual corridors with npc's and the like. i'm not saying i don't think they can do it; far from it. I'm just interested to see how well they might be able to pull it off.
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
I hope this also means a fix the interior. I know it may not matter to some people, but it does to me. At least as far as the defiant is concerned. (Fav ship.)
In his answer to my question Stahl said "There is a new replica interior being released with the DS9 Feature Episode Series" I would assume it's a Defiant interior since it's coming with the DS9 series.
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Samson
In his answer to my question Stahl said "There is a new replica interior being released with the DS9 Feature Episode Series" I would assume it's a Defiant interior since it's coming with the DS9 series.
aye, which would be what... bridge, engine room, crew quarters, mess hall, corridors, transporter room and sickbay?

i dont remember any other rooms...
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spond View Post
This will be an awesome cosmetic change. I hope it doesnít mess with the damage output or power settings. I donít want any changes on the defiant. Donít want to give defiant haters more reasons to cry.

I just got one balanced nicely, so yeah, no change please
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
DROOOOL

If you guys have the canon sound effects, this will be perfect!!! And if there's canon Defiant interiors along with it I will be in Nerd Nirvana!!!