Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 91
08-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D207 View Post
I know something fishy is going on, just the other day a Fed Sci ship was hit by a failed Alpha strike from a BoP and the Sci ship caught him in a Tractor Beam and 2 Fed escorts nearby joined in the fight and then 2 Cruisers and myself in my Sci ship, it took all of us close to 3 min to take the bird down.

How do I know it took close to 3 min well I hit him with 2 Subnucleonic Beam

Iím no expert, but BoP donít make good tanks, especially when they have 2 Sci ships attacking them with Subnucleonic Beam. How does one explain that?

I would understand if the BoP was able to escape and heal itself, but not this case, the Sci ships had him locked down with Tractor beams and gravity wells and I know I targeted his Engine twice with my Sci ship and one escort used a Borg tractor beam on him. That bird was caged real good.

That was 6 vs. 1 that lasted close to 3 min.

Any thoughts.

The BoP was a tac Captain, he used Attack pattern Alpha III
it may not be that. the other day in my defiant i tanked 4 players in a what i was assuming was full of VERY new players. they were spiking way off, no teamwork. the escort was too close and i could hear his buffs, also had him targeted. the sci ships cpb's were on low aux or something....one of them had a trac beam, and 1 of them finally targeted my engines. idunno man, but it was way off. they were definitely not in voice communication.

i lasted about 4 minutes.....(i was 2 seconds away from rsp) thats forever focus fire on a defiant. i was acually elated until i noticed the numbers at the end of the match. all i used was two copies of tac team 1, rsp1, APD1, BFI...and full shields/ high engines power. a few lucky borg procs and...ta-da... sometimes i try to push every ships defences, that was a good round of testing.

see you on the battlefield.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 92
08-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D207 View Post
I know something fishy is going on, just the other day a Fed Sci ship was hit by a failed Alpha strike from a BoP and the Sci ship caught him in a Tractor Beam and 2 Fed escorts nearby joined in the fight and then 2 Cruisers and myself in my Sci ship, it took all of us close to 3 min to take the bird down.


I last about 30 seconds max in a bop on my eng when I'm focused then it's time to go.... I see this all the time now, on both factions. I've started recording and evaluating, will be posting some suspects soon. Ran into one today on the fed side tac in a sci ship, we were doing 0 to 50% dmg to his shields.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 93
08-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoog
Ran into one today on the fed side tac in a sci ship, we were doing 0 to 50% dmg to his shields.
If you're Cobra commander who said "I smell two shields" when fighting my tac "Kolam" in a sci-ship (DSSV), then I'm afraid you're wrong. There's a reason all my non-cruiser captains fly ships with 3 engineer stations and 3 engineer console slots (FE and DSSV).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 94
08-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
...And hence Marctraider was known forever more as 'Narctraider'



Sorry, couldn't resist!



He had a good run at it, hopefully now he can get back to more important things... *cough* Baby Era *cough*
LoL like it wasnt pretty obvious :p
I just like to return the favor
I just dont hope that its my fault he got banned for the zillionth time, lmao
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 95
08-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Came Across a Fleet Escort last night. The First 2 Alpha Strikes from my raptor took him down. However the 3rd 4th, 5th and 6th time I had a go at him. Not even a scratch. The 3rd Strike I thought may have been a failed alpha, I thought to myself. However the 4th, 5th and 6 times I tried. They could not have all failed.

The Guy was sitting still. I unleashed. He did not use Tactical team. The Shield quadrant did not move an inch. I thought when you were sitting still your defense was -15 percent. He did not receive a heal from his team mates. I was watching his buffs and debuffs. Okay I thought to myself I will try another target. Swapped to a cruiser unleashed and he promptly blew up. Tried a couple more times and got his hull down to around 10 percent when he started receiving heals from his team mates.

I started to watch this fleet escort and noticed the Ageis proc going that reduces the energy damage received when being targeted from a particular energy type. However he was not being fired upon. he was just sitting still and shooting what ever target he felt like. This is the first time I have come across this. Even our toughest fleet escort in our fleet I can do significant damage to his shields on an Alpha strike. But not this guy.

Somethings a foot at the circle K.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 96
08-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Just a note but bug reports are read by people. They just don't get an actual reply. A GM ticket will do less good than a bug report; you get a reply but a GM can't fix an exploit; a GM ticket may be handy for reporting an actual exploiter though.

In either case, try to submit the ticket in the instance where the believed exploiting occurred and preferably while the alleged exploiter is present, because filing a ticket or a bug report sends the staff a screenshot and stored data from the instance that may be useful in a fix, whereas a ticket or report filed later may be interpreted as hearsay and harder to verify.
The way I remember it suggested some time ago was:
- File a bug ticket. Note the ID.
- File a GM Ticket, remarking there is an exploit and mention the ticket ID.

I wonder how the Devs would feel if we would post a thread with ticket IDs for exploits? The problem might be that we can't really describe what the exploit is, as that would violate the forum rules. I don't know how Cryptic feels about us using game chat channels to describe the exploits further, so there is a "hidden knowledge" base? In the end, it could just be another invite for abuse and exploiting - some people trying to get the information and replicating the issue for their own gain...

But it would be better if ther ewa sa way to track your bug ticket and what is going on with it. I would want to see when a QA person has looked at the bug and confirmed it and forwarded it to the Dev, or when he couldn't replicate the bug despite the description.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 97
08-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphezir View Post
Edt: but thank god 528th does not seem to know either
Yeah man. No good 528th is all cheaters and hackers... good thing someone else pays thier subs so we can tell them all how to play the game....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 98
08-17-2011, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaius View Post
A combat log entry of Voldemort Jr. looks like this:
I was talking to gx4th (I think it was) regarding one of my fleeties being accused by this.. He said that he'd seen his own shields with 8 procs off a EP2S in a combatlog (even though he had only one shield equipped)

My thoughts: Are people jumping on people, calling them cheaters, on basis of a 3rd party program, that might not even be entirely accurate? (or might general lag in combat account for these things?) - Just saying, because saying someone of cheating is a pretty nasty accusation.

Note: Ive never used combat parsers or anything, Im too much a program nub to figure such programs out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 99
08-17-2011, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naekuh View Post
OK show me a combat log of 12 shield side facing then.

As it would completely destory the borg proc evidence.
Are you saying activating a EP2S with an active Assimilated proc results in 8 shieldfacings being reinforced?

If so, this should probably be looked into.. Sounds like a bug.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 100
08-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
He said that he'd seen his own shields with 8 procs off a EP2S in a combatlog (even though he had only one shield equipped)

My thoughts: Are people jumping on people, calling them cheaters, on basis of a 3rd party program, that might not even be entirely accurate?
1) The combat log is not a 3rd party program, it is simply a text file created by STO. You can of course question the quality of Cryptic's code, but you cannot blame it on inaccurate 3rd party software. The combat log parsers are only there to help you read the file (but you can read it without them).

2) This is the problem with the ban on discussion of such bugs, we cannot have an open discussion about the mechanics - how it is working exactly, what you can do to avoid doing it accidentally (which is possible in this case) and most importantly what exactly constitutes proof of intentional cheating. Since we are not allowed to present what we consider proof it is not possible to distinguish between someone who gets wrongly accused because another player is reading the combat log incorrectly and someone against whom there is rock-solid evidence.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:43 AM.