Lt. Commander
# 111
08-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
This is not a parser. This is straight from the STO log file.

Just don't use notepad. Get a text editor that can work with unix-style linebreaks. Otherwise you'll see the entire file as one long line.
Huh?!

*Confuzzled*
Lt. Commander
# 112
08-17-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
*Confuzzled*
Simple answer: Get http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ to open your combatlog.log file.

Long answer: Windows uses 2 bytes (CarriageReturn+Linefeed) to designate a new line. Linux/Unix/MacOS X and others only use 1 byte (LineFeed) for this. The STO combat log is written with 1 byte (LineFeed) as the new line delimiter.
Lt. Commander
# 113
08-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Simple answer: Get http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ to open your combatlog.log file.

Long answer: Windows uses 2 bytes (CarriageReturn+Linefeed) to designate a new line. Linux/Unix/MacOS X and others only use 1 byte (LineFeed) for this. The STO combat log is written with 1 byte (LineFeed) as the new line delimiter.
Uhm.. Ok..

And the combatlog itself, do I just copy that from the chatwindow, or is there some logfile on the harddrive with it?
Lt. Commander
# 114
08-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Use
Quote:
/combatlog 1
to activate the combat log. Well, the log file, you always have the one in your chat box, but that's not what we are talking about.

Then STO will create a file
Quote:
C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient\Combatlog.Log
(or at whatever path you chose to install STO) and this file is what you can examine either manually with a text editor or with one of the more sophisticated combat log parsers.
Lt. Commander
# 115
08-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Useto activate the combat log. Well, the log file, you always have the one in your chat box, but that's not what we are talking about.

Then STO will create a file(or at whatever path you chose to install STO) and this file is what you can examine either manually with a text editor or with one of the more sophisticated combat log parsers.
Mhh this is certainly interesting. I was wondering how you guys got that combat log like that. Thanks for the additional information. This will come in handy for people to interpret the combat logs and perhaps come to some conclusions.
Lt. Commander
# 116
08-17-2011, 08:46 AM
If you want just to view log, and not edit it like some guys, you can use winrar's viewer. Works perfectly.
Lt. Commander
# 117
08-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle-Phoenix View Post
If you want just to view log, and not edit it like some guys, you can use winrar's viewer. Works perfectly.
Ive always used UltraEdit I can really recommend it
Lt. Commander
# 118
08-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle-Phoenix View Post
Yeah, but especially you should be glad that I substituted the name and handle in the combat log excerpt up there. Sometimes editing is a good thing for privacy concerns...
Lt. Commander
# 119
08-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaius View Post
Yeah, but especially you should be glad that I substituted the name and handle in the combat log excerpt up there. Sometimes editing is a good thing for privacy concerns...
Yeah I appreciate you editing my name out.....DOH
Lt. Commander
# 120
08-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Yeah I appreciate you editing my name out.....DOH
lmao ur funny Captain Data :p

Seriously. Either post the genuine log, or dont. (Because of privacy reasons) If we all go and mess around with Combat logs its going to be a big mess
Closed Thread