Lt. Commander
# 1 Make PvP f2p?
08-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Give us ESD, mail/exchange, Ker'rat and Arenas/Cap N Holds.

Why? Because PvP hasn't gotten any content, and all of our PvP subs are going towards RP/PvE stuff. this way the Devs won't have to deal with our frustration and don't have to worry about diverting tine away from other development processes. We already pour money into the C-Store for ships and respecs, so it's not like we'd be mooching off of PvE subs... it'd be the opposite, now no one gets our hard earned sub money for their game type.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-13-2011, 06:41 PM
LoL. This should garner some pretty funny responses from a large portion of the forums population, but I'm intrigued. Your justification seems sound. PvP could be the demo or trial to give people a taste. At any rate, I bought a lifetime membership for PvP and promises. Oh well, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-13-2011, 06:43 PM
an extreme change to PvP is wanted and warranted and is long time coming, it's TIME.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
LoL. This should garner some pretty funny responses from a large portion of the forums population, but I'm intrigued. Your justification seems sound. PvP could be the demo or trial to give people a taste. At any rate, I bought a lifetime membership for PvP and promises. Oh well, lol.
Making a demo PvP based seems odd. I often hear most players focus on PvE.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-13-2011, 06:46 PM
That's a clever idea.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post

Why? Because PvP hasn't gotten any content, and all of our PvP subs are going towards RP/PvE stuff. this way the Devs won't have to deal with our frustration and don't have to worry about diverting tine away from over development processes. We already pour money into the C-Store for ships and respecs, so it's not like we'd be mooching off of PvE subs... it'd be the opposite, now no one gets our hard earned sub money for their game type.

Thoughts?
I support this idea. Doing this will hopefully decrease the wait in the PvP queue too.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Isn't there already a PvE demo out? Wouldn't it be redundant to put out another one when STO has something else to offer? PvE and PvP are pretty drastically different, so maybe we could reach a more broad audience. PvE isn't all there is.

Remember, just because the content is almost 2 years old to us doesn't mean it's not new to someone else.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Isn't there already a PvE demo out? Wouldn't it be redundant to put out another one when STO has something else to offer? PvE and PvP are pretty drastically different, so maybe we could reach a more broad audience. PvE isn't all there is.

Remember, just because the content is almost 2 years old to us doesn't mean it's not new to someone else.
Actually I think that might at least boost key and first month sales, those who don't like pvp might well pay to get out of it hehe
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post

Why? Because PvP hasn't gotten any content, and all of our PvP subs are going towards RP/PvE stuff. this way the Devs won't have to deal with our frustration and don't have to worry about diverting tine away from other development processes. We already pour money into the C-Store for ships and respecs, so it's not like we'd be mooching off of PvE subs... it'd be the opposite, now no one gets our hard earned sub money for their game type.

Thoughts?
Short answer: No

If Cryptic actually did such a thing, you can kiss any possibility of further PvP development goodbye. No Territorial Control, no new maps, nada.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Short answer: No

If Cryptic actually did such a thing, you can kiss any possibility of further PvP development goodbye. No Territorial Control, no new maps, nada.
I mean, it's not likely we'll be getting those anyways. Open PvP may or may not be coming soon. Nothing else has even been mentioned.