Lt. Commander
# 11
08-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Short answer: No

If Cryptic actually did such a thing, you can kiss any possibility of further PvP development goodbye. No Territorial Control, no new maps, nada.
Dude, we've already kissed any possibility of further PVP content goodbye. It's been pretty clearly stated that there's never going to be any further PVP content, save for the occasional new map.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
I mean, it's not likely we'll be getting those anyways. Open PvP may or may not be coming soon. Nothing else has even been mentioned.
Well you got to admit Cryptic at least gave us those DSE PvP maps, even though they didn't quite think those maps through. Though not sure if they tossed those in the garbage can or not.

But lets not forget that the FE PvP Maps are coming as well as the Open PvP arenas on Vulcan, Andoria, Qo'nos, and Rura Penthe (should be on Forcas). So can't complain there, right? I'm sure it's stuck behind with the content they been holding out for Season 4, right?

Though I'm shocked they havn't at least thrown in some Open PvP zones, not like it takes a long time to throw such maps on the Foundry. Since it's Open PvP you don't need objectives, because it just turn it into another lousy War zone map.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Um, have any of you guys read the latest Ask Cryptic? DStahl not only told us the open PvP was coming soon but he even gave us an estimated date (which isn't that far away).

I'm not saying I don't like this idea, in fact I love it, I'm just saying PvP is moving further.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-13-2011, 08:21 PM
it's cryptic's fault that you're willing to pay for a subscription to their game for a minor side thought part of it because?
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Give us ESD, mail/exchange, Ker'rat and Arenas/Cap N Holds.

Why? Because PvP hasn't gotten any content, and all of our PvP subs are going towards RP/PvE stuff. this way the Devs won't have to deal with our frustration and don't have to worry about diverting tine away from other development processes. We already pour money into the C-Store for ships and respecs, so it's not like we'd be mooching off of PvE subs... it'd be the opposite, now no one gets our hard earned sub money for their game type.

Thoughts?
you DID get PVP content dude. U got the peng. Thats a PvE weapon, and u can use it in PVP.

There u go. :p
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-13-2011, 08:43 PM
This should clarify matters a bit for PvP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
They are next on the plate for Gozer as soon as he finishes up the STFs... the issue is that he's taking longer than expected to put finishing touches on STFs.
This was in response to open pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Give us ESD, mail/exchange, Ker'rat and Arenas/Cap N Holds.

Why? Because PvP hasn't gotten any content, and all of our PvP subs are going towards RP/PvE stuff. this way the Devs won't have to deal with our frustration and don't have to worry about diverting tine away from other development processes. We already pour money into the C-Store for ships and respecs, so it's not like we'd be mooching off of PvE subs... it'd be the opposite, now no one gets our hard earned sub money for their game type.

Thoughts?
Good God why would I want to give free access (F2P) to the worst part of STO to the masses...I mean honestly its just a bad idea!!!
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opzulu View Post
Good God why would I want to give free access (F2P) to the worst part of STO to the masses...I mean honestly its just a bad idea!!!
Did you even read the topic, its about PvP, not PvE/Roleplaying.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Rofl, no.
Enjoy teh frustration
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Cutting all the vitriol aside ...

a free to play version of the current PVP experience is a fantastic idea. It's really a tiny part of the game. And the move would kick up a lot of interest and boost population. With the right marketing initiative behind this, it could really move the game forward with minimal development time or resources.

Now getting back to the vitriol of this discussion ...

again, this idea is amazing for all of you folks who despise PVP as well. Why? Because it doesn't affect you at all in terms of the negative you perceive. You despise PVP so tend to avoid it. So you would avoid all of the new people drawn to this offering.

It's a win-win. It boosts the game's population, but since the stuff suggested is all option-in content, the folks who hate that part of the game would never encounter it.