Lt. Commander
# 21
08-14-2011, 02:19 AM
I didn't watch for their voices. I watched for my eyes. (or the sweet image burned into them). Either one or both would be fine.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-14-2011, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Vale_Cortez
What would they have her voice though? 7 of 9 distanced herself from the Federation and just sort of faded into the background of life. Still more VOs are always welcome.
Actually, in the Destiny series of books, she was used as an advisor for the Federation in the massive Borg invasion that occured. So it would be fitting to bring Seven back as an advisor for the upcoming invasion.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-14-2011, 03:50 AM
I'd be quite happy if 7 of 9 was relegated to the bin of history. I never much liked the char, I mean as a character she sort of filled the "spock/data" role, but we already had the doctor for it. she really struck me as an attempt to get the "horny male logging in for eye candy" demographic,
honestly I always felt her and t'pol's treatment in voyager and Enterprise suggested some rather.... unenlightened views towards women among certin people in the trek production staff
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Seven was eye-candy and nothing else. The producers only added her when the stiff matron female Jean-luc Picard of the USS Voyager was causing the shows ratings to plummet.

Id love to hear Jeri doing VA work for STO however. I think shed make a sexy Andorian.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
...she really struck me as an attempt to get the "horny male logging in for eye candy" demographic,
ATTEMPT?

It worked. Didn't save the show but it worked on me.

I would be grateful for any Trek actor to do any voiceover tbh.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-14-2011, 06:57 AM
It DID save the show though. The series was going to get cancelled, but they stuck her in there and the ratings improved enough that the show lasted long enough for them to get back to earth instead of remaining forever lost in space.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Being a gay man I'm not overly fussed about how beautiful she is.

However, a VO by Seven would definitely add a fantastic element to the game. Maybe an FE?
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-14-2011, 07:05 AM
I also vote to get her aboard for VO work in STO! She'd make an excellent narrator/character related to the upcoming Special Task Force: Into the Hive!
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-14-2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deyvid View Post
[font="Verdana"]I asked her if she would be interested in doing voice-over work for STO to reprise her role as Seven of Nine / Annika Hansen, and she said it would definitely be something she would look at and consider
I'm sure any actor would "consider" doing voice work... if the paycheck is right.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
I'd be quite happy if 7 of 9 was relegated to the bin of history. I never much liked the char, I mean as a character she sort of filled the "spock/data" role, but we already had the doctor for it. she really struck me as an attempt to get the "horny male logging in for eye candy" demographic,
honestly I always felt her and t'pol's treatment in voyager and Enterprise suggested some rather.... unenlightened views towards women among certin people in the trek production staff
So all the teensy skimpy outfits and female eye-candy that litter the entire TOS is enlightened? :p