Lt. Commander
If you're like me, you're tired of seeing every player with the same dull expression on their faces. Lifeless and devoid of personality. I've noticed an emote or two use facial expressions, so would this be possible to add into the game at some point? I'm sure it would make those who like to show off their characters and crews quite happy.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-14-2011, 03:06 PM
I think better facial expressions are a planned update for when they also update the stances. They have already done an update to the character thumbnails, so doing any conversation with an NPC, the NPC will adopt the stance he or she uses in the window (Seductive, swagger, twitchy, etc.). I think the devs are planning to alter the expressions to be more compliant with the stances. So a seductive pose will have a more appropriate expression to accompany it, and so on. Just seems like the kind of standard tweaking they would include in a patch.
Lt. Commander
It would be nice if all of my BOs didn't look permanently ****ed off and miserable, at least...or at least my main character. LIke, the away team could be happy that we just survived getting pummeled by a ton of Klingons. Or, my character just chugged three bottles of Kanar, and I'm feeling REALLY good...and about to hurl.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Facial expressions are already in the game, as are voices for bos. I've seen both in beta. I admit, the facial expressions... could have worked better, some worked on some bos... some absolutley not. But I dont know why they just gave up working on that kind of stuff..

I mean sto has the most detailed character creation and costumizability I know from any game, but it alway feels incomplete without stuff like voices, facial expressions and, although a bit off topic, hostered weapo s and equipment. A pity..
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-10-2011, 04:30 PM
In beta there was a smile emote and an angry one too, IIRC.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-10-2011, 04:49 PM
It would be nice if they changed their expressions according to the situation. E.g. when they went into battle they got a serious expression on like in Champions when you get attacked you get a scowling face.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Some stances in co are in sto but can't access them.

Lucky i manage to catch a quick list of stances via glitch

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Disturb...049?tab=public
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-13-2011, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMarth View Post
Some stances in co are in sto but can't access them.

Lucky i manage to catch a quick list of stances via glitch

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Disturb...049?tab=public
Looking at the names of a lot of those stances makes me think that what you saw wasn't from STO but in fact a crack in the wall to the developer stance list from Neverwinter. I mean, Orc? Ghoul? Ghast?