Lt. Commander
# 1 Khitomer Accord
08-14-2011, 12:13 PM
This post was edited to remove content violating the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~Q

That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralriker View Post
This post was edited to remove content violating the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~Q

That is all.
Actually, I think this mission is the best one out of the STFs. I take it by your post that you were unsuccessful in completing it. You do not provide anything constructive in your post as to 'why' you didn't like it, so I have to assume it is because you couldn't finish it. There is another thread just a few posts down with the exact title of your thread. You could have posted there, or at least read the posts there to see what others thought.

And not to be a hypocrite, I will take my own advice and tell you why I think it is a good mission. Now, I will say there are a number of annoying bugs to it, and it ain't perfect. But, it is a challenging mission (in contrast to most of the other missions in STO) that requires coordinated teamwork. Big plus in my book as there are very few missions in STO that require it. The plot is good as it ties into the current tutorial. The rewards are decent as you get a piece of borg gear, and you can also get a borg science bridge officer.

Success really depends on your team and knowing what to do. Just because you couldn't faceroll the mission doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-14-2011, 07:16 PM
I don't die continually in the mission, usually less than 5 times on the ground. If you are dying 'continually' perhaps you are going about it the wrong way.

Then STFs are not for you. You have the other 95% of STO to play.

This is coming in about a month.

No thanks. I don't bite anything that is not edible.

It is far from impossible, especially since season 4. Now the STFs are easy as pie. Infected and Cure less than an hour, Khitomer less than 2.

And going back to your original post, beating a dev with a bat is just plain mean and immature.

Lt. Commander
# 5
08-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
I don't die continually in the mission, usually less than 5 times on the ground. If you are dying 'continually' perhaps you are going about it the wrong way.
/agree

I think the only time I died on ground was when I intentionally walked through the borgifier machine thing... though admittedly I know how to use a hypo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Then STFs are not for you. You have the other 95% of STO to play.

This is coming in about a month.

No thanks. I don't bite anything that is not edible.

It is far from impossible, especially since season 4. Now the STFs are easy as pie. Infected and Cure less than an hour, Khitomer less than 2.

And going back to your original post, beating a dev with a bat is just plain mean and immature.
Don't bother trying to convince him, you won't succeed... haters will be haters, and people that don't put forth effort to succeed will do either one of two things: try harder, or complain. This thread is full of complaining.

If he bothered to ask for advice, I would gladly give it. But as it is now, *yawn
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-14-2011, 09:23 PM
So the OP doesn't like MMOs or team play. Prefers to go solo. He needs to stay out of the STFs since they are specifically designed for team play, and just play the rest of the game. No reason to hate on the developers.

I've only attempted KA twice, the first time we didn't know what we were doing, and gave up after about three attempts at the first part. The second time, we had done our homework, and it was quite fun - and in the end, not terribly hard. What you can't do is beat it by yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralriker View Post
I am not too keen on team play. This is completely counter to the whole MMO idea. I do not enjoy MMO's and have gone solo the entire game.
The game is an MMO. Massively Multiplayer Online. What is counter to this idea is wanting a game that only a single person plays through. Continue solo and please do not rant in the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-14-2011, 09:58 PM
KA is even super easy on VA. Don't know why so many people seem to have problems with it. Well besides the obvious... lack of team work, not learning the map, and not out fitting ships properly. But other than that you can't fail at KA
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-14-2011, 10:20 PM
It prolly has something to do with timing the first part and understanding the order of how to kill ships. It can still be tricky but atleast they made it so the 2nd gate only spawns every other gate drop. Make it somewhat easier to do.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-14-2011, 11:36 PM
I have only tried the mission once and failed at it but it was not because I did not do my "homework" I had a good team leader but we just failed to do what was needed, now I don't want to beat the devs with a bat because of this I will just find a better team and try it again at a later date.