Lt. Commander
# 11
08-15-2011, 12:40 AM
If you see an O13 flying around ask us. Yesterday one guy ran a KDF and a Fed KA back to back with no issues either time. I can't remember ever failing the first part of KA. Only once did we not finish cure because of some issue that kicked the entire team from the game and then a message stating in 15 mins the serves were going down. Ran out of time to finish.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Actually, I think this mission is the best one out of the STFs. I take it by your post that you were unsuccessful in completing it. You do not provide anything constructive in your post as to 'why' you didn't like it, so I have to assume it is because you couldn't finish it. There is another thread just a few posts down with the exact title of your thread. You could have posted there, or at least read the posts there to see what others thought.

And not to be a hypocrite, I will take my own advice and tell you why I think it is a good mission. Now, I will say there are a number of annoying bugs to it, and it ain't perfect. But, it is a challenging mission (in contrast to most of the other missions in STO) that requires coordinated teamwork. Big plus in my book as there are very few missions in STO that require it. The plot is good as it ties into the current tutorial. The rewards are decent as you get a piece of borg gear, and you can also get a borg science bridge officer.

Success really depends on your team and knowing what to do. Just because you couldn't faceroll the mission doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad mission.
I agree -- it's got the best story of the current STFs and is only failable Borg one (Terradome can be failed if you don't defend engineers). The only downsides to KA is that it has a few glitches that sometimes kick people out (or the Follow Donatra bug), the middle part is not broken up into distinct sections in the mission journal (normally not a problem except for the previously mentioned glitch), and that in general the mission is just too darn long, at least prior to Season 4 (this will be fixed with the updated version next month).
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-15-2011, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBugHunter View Post
I have only tried the mission once and failed at it but it was not because I did not do my "homework" I had a good team leader but we just failed to do what was needed, now I don't want to beat the devs with a bat because of this I will just find a better team and try it again at a later date.
If I am on hit me up. I'll grab a couple of fleeters or friends and run you thru it in well under 2 hrs.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-15-2011, 04:05 AM
Just completed this yesterday after more or less 2h 30m. All I can say it is easily the best mission of the entire game, besides the Featured Episodes and a couple more from each faction.
All I can add is that you need a coordinated team who listens to each other and has the right will to make it through. I've attempted Infected about 20-30 times without success until I found the right team. Same goes with the Cure.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-15-2011, 04:52 AM
KA can be done with four people on VA....

It is not rocket science.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Yeah have done KA with 4 people in under 2 hours, was 1:40 or so.
The one part i really don't like about KA is the final space battle. Its boring, drawn out and no challenge. Its just boring for 30 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-15-2011, 07:22 AM
I read what everyone else said. Best mission, I need a better team, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecT88 View Post
Just completed this yesterday after more or less 2h 30m
I do not have 2.5 hours to complete a mission on a game. I play for about 1 to MAYBE 2 hours at a time, maybe twice a week or so. I don't have that kind of time. So, it is very aggravating to take the time and get a team only to go in and have people fly around like dummies while the probes go right into the center gate. I do not feel that any game (MMO or not) should take around 2.5 hours to complete one mission. At the end of the day, you shut your computer down and you go back into a real world where those hours are precious.

I really liked all of the episodic content and if this was like that, where I can have my own away team and follow objectives that are sometimes failable, I would be happy (then again, it would be solo).
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralriker View Post
I read what everyone else said. Best mission, I need a better team, etc.

I do not have 2.5 hours to complete a mission on a game. I play for about 1 to MAYBE 2 hours at a time, maybe twice a week or so. I don't have that kind of time. So, it is very aggravating to take the time and get a team only to go in and have people fly around like dummies while the probes go right into the center gate. I do not feel that any game (MMO or not) should take around 2.5 hours to complete one mission. At the end of the day, you shut your computer down and you go back into a real world where those hours are precious.

I really liked all of the episodic content and if this was like that, where I can have my own away team and follow objectives that are sometimes failable, I would be happy (then again, it would be solo).
you dont want help, you don't actually want to play the mission and you don't have time for it anyway. yet here you are *****ing about it. why exactly?
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-15-2011, 10:19 AM
I have to admit that I was the same as the op in this thread and hated the stf's at one time....

Now, after finding a good fleet and actually doing what is required in a team by following orders, I have completed Infected and the cure numerous times with great success.
KA is still one I have not attempted yet, but I know it will happen very soon and I will have the full support from my team whilst doing it.
You really have to get that these missions are meant for teamwork, not having it will just get you frustrated. I know cause I have been there!
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
I have to admit that I was the same as the op in this thread and hated the stf's at one time....

Now, after finding a good fleet and actually doing what is required in a team by following orders, I have completed Infected and the cure numerous times with great success.
KA is still one I have not attempted yet, but I know it will happen very soon and I will have the full support from my team whilst doing it.
You really have to get that these missions are meant for teamwork, not having it will just get you frustrated. I know cause I have been there!
There's my problem. I do have a fleet, but I hadn't played the game for a while. Ergo, I really don't have contact with them. I play the game in spare time when I get a minute to play. Using a PuG is probably what the problem is, especially when you have more than 1 person who has not successfully completed the mission at least once.

In a way, yes, I want to steam roll the mission. Because I know I do not have the time to get it done. But for the love of god, I want the dang Borg Shield!