Lt. Commander
from sources who I cannot name...that...

the Cryptic cafeteria serves chocolate pudding on Fridays.
Lt. Commander
# 102
08-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilder View Post
Would be perfect for Fox News. :p
Or MSNBC...
Lt. Commander
# 103
08-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_First_Avenger
Thats right folks. The exact date is not set in stone, but STO is in fact going F2P the end of this year. Unfortunately I cant give the source of this information, but pay careful attention: the mods might(and probably will) close this thread, but they wont actually DENY it
Give us the proof or I won't believe that it is true until I see from one of the gold names that it is, indeed, being looked at. Without this evidence, it is just hearsay and conjecture.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if it DOES go F2P in the near future. I wouldn't mind it one bit as I would be getting free points every months (again, that is just pure speculation on my part and I will admit to such).
Lt. Commander
# 104 No Real Shocker!
08-14-2011, 06:02 PM
We may see some end game content then. It is standard for F2P MMOs to charged for end game Raids/STF. No one is really shocked at this are they? We may even see a improvement in service because failure to perform means no money. I am also willing to beat they will model there F2P system on Champions which means. Stuff like 100% F2P do not get to post in the forums. Smaller Banks for them, Fewer characters slots, Fewer slots for cloths and soon. Lifers will not get burned I hope.
Lt. Commander
# 105 All
08-14-2011, 06:05 PM
I am saying is Cryptic need to tell people NOW because if they sale LFs know they will be free to play soon that bad PR and they have had a lot of that.

On a side note all in the news use unnamed sources I can not say who told me but they work for Cryptic and thatís a friends job. Sorry LFs subers you should be demanding to know.
Lt. Commander
# 106
08-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
I am saying is Cryptic need to tell people NOW because if they sale LFs know they will be free to play soon that bad PR and they have had a lot of that.

On a side note all in the news use unnamed sources I can not say who told me but they work for Cryptic and thatís a friends job. Sorry LFs subers you should be demanding to know.
With Cryptic's F2P model, it really doesn't hurt Lifers. In the long run, we'll technically be MAKING money, if they go with something like CO.
Lt. Commander
# 107
08-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven

By LF, I assume you mean LT(lifetime). Either way, the LT sub retains its value in the Crypitc F2P model:

http://champions-online.com/f2p_matrix

LT accounts are considered "gold" for life.
Lt. Commander
# 108
08-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer42 View Post
With Cryptic's F2P model, it really doesn't hurt Lifers. In the long run, we'll technically be MAKING money, if they go with something like CO.
I think what he means is that sins LTS is still offered some one buying lets say yesterday would lose money on the transaction. instead of it paying for it's self at 20 months , but i could be wrong
Lt. Commander
# 109
08-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
i tested this and it does work, i can also confirm sto has no plans to add a bacon page to the site
WHAT?? No bacon page?

Freaking heck.
Lt. Commander
# 110 Wow
08-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
By LF, I assume you mean LT(lifetime). Either way, the LT sub retains its value in the Crypitc F2P model:

http://champions-online.com/f2p_matrix

LT accounts are considered "gold" for life.
So if you buy now you win all the fluff