Lt. Commander
# 11
08-14-2011, 03:44 PM
if this game does go free to play basically cryptic are admitting "hey we did such an awful job capitalising on the biggest intellectual property in history so much so we failed to retain subscribers and now have to ake it free just to get any interest and keep our pockets lined from the c store"

if it is true it is indeed a sad sad day for the star trek IP and if i was head of CBS id be kicking cryptic up the arse for failing so badly
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Well, I guess we should treat the OP like it was a Klingon Court. Guilty until proven Innocent.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_First_Avenger
Thats right folks. The exact date is not set in stone, but STO is in fact going F2P the end of this year. Unfortunately I cant give the source of this information, but pay careful attention: the mods might(and probably will) close this thread, but they wont actually DENY it
Junior member, joined a few days ago, no source, vague timelines, rumour based on pre-existing speculation... Yeah you don't actually know anything do you?
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-14-2011, 03:46 PM
The monthly subscription is not even that expensive....
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Thats right folks. The exact date is not set in stone, but STO is in fact going F2P the end of this year. Unfortunately I cant give the source of this information, but pay careful attention: the mods might(and probably will) close this thread, but they wont actually DENY it
The queen of England is dead, I got told this from my mates, mates, BFF Dave who's Dad, uncle's 2nd brother has a neighbour with a mate who works for Dr who and used his tardis to gather this info from tomorrow.

No word of a lie
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-14-2011, 03:48 PM
For some reason id think cbs would have a say on f2p as well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Dont worry folks, I promise you that it doesnt hurt my feelings one bit if you dont believe me. I probably wouldnt either if I didnt actually know. But let me just repeat this one point: pay attention to the fact that the mods wont deny this. If it werent actually true, they would have no reason not to simply say so
Lt. Commander
# 18
I love BSers. They make life interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Except of course they have no need to deny it. If the game were going F2P, they'd announce it going F2P, they did so with champions. But hey, enjoy your free 30 days of gameplay you got making this account so you could troll. Helps the game look good. Be sure to buy things from the C-store and Make a Klingon while your at it, just so you're time isn't all put to waste.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Dont worry folks, I promise you that it doesnt hurt my feelings one bit if you dont believe me. I probably wouldnt either if I didnt actually know. But let me just repeat this one point: pay attention to the fact that the mods wont deny this. If it werent actually true, they would have no reason not to simply say so
Of course they won't deny it. They won't admit it either. Its the same thing like the Atari/Perfect World transfer. They weren't allowed to speak a single word to us about it. If they aren't allowed to tell us anything about F2P then they won't.

If what you are saying is true then just send me the link of where you saw it.